What's new

Powdered Kava Review Papa Kea - Medium Grind

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Papa Kea is without any doubt one of the most interesting kavas on the market. It is not only rare ,but also very unique.
Many people say that is one of the strongest Hawaiian kavas, but I personally think it is more accurate to describe it as perhaps the most sophisticated of the Hawaiian kavas. It offers a beautiful and fascinating journey into the world of all kinds of kava effects and in order to truly appreciate it one needs to spend some time with it, ideally an entire evening.

It is fairly bitter, but not nearly as bitter as the heavy kavas from Vanuatu. Despite its bitterness it is surprisingly smooth and easy on the stomach. The strong flavour can be quickly cleansed with a slice of pineapple or a few sips of herbal tea.

Many people write that this kava is great for muscle pain. They are right. The first wave of effects that follows just one or two shells brings a pleasant melting of sore muscles. Its relaxing wave travells downwards from arms all the way to toes. It has a soothing and analgesic effect, it helped me with my back pain. Interestingly, these bodily effects are not accompanied by strong sedation, your mind will stay fresh and alert. Surprisingly, one or two shells later I experienced a very pleasant wave of mild euphoria and the familiar cerebral effects. This was strange as I am used to experiencing various kava effects in the reverse order: mind first, followed by body. But Papa Kea is not an ordinary kava, its effects are like different waves that come and wash your tired body and stressed mind. The waves come and go, the feelings change and yet you remain alert and almost energetic. The only reasons why I gave it 4 out of 5 shells are that I have been a bit spoiled by the instants and fresh kavas and that I might personally prefer slightly headier cultivars. However, if I was to compare it to other medium grind kavas, then I would definitely give it 5 shells.

In sum, it is a very complex and powerful kava that offers the whole spectrum of kava effects. I would definitely recommend it to sportsmen and all those that need to relax without falling asleep after a difficult day at work. It is also a good kava for calm social interactions.