What's new

Past valium user

chenka44

Kava Curious
Hi all, Stopped taking a 5 year valium habit 2 years ago next month, which took 3 years.
I still get major anxiety, panic attacks and depression at times. No other meds but caffeine, without which I would be unable to physically function
Please advise if Kava would help with this, and how and with what I should start?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi all, Stopped taking a 5 year valium habit 2 years ago next month, which took 3 years.
I still get major anxiety, panic attacks and depression at times. No other meds but caffeine, without which I would be unable to physically function
Please advise if Kava would help with this, and how and with what I should start?
Yes! Kava can most definitely help. Read the FAQ's on my signature, it's a great place to start.

Welcome to KF.

Blergs

Kava Curious
Kava is a godsend and will help. But also know that also having caffeine with it doubles the effects and duration of caffeine, so cut dose in half. Then lower or higher it from there depending on how you feel

Maria Daniel

Kava Curious
Yes it will most def help. While there is t any definitive research on the GABAa upregulation of kava, there are a few publications inferring it. Anedoctally, I share your story and find kava to be my favorite botanical. You are in the right place for beginners! This forum covers everything from sourcing product to preparation methods. Welcome!