What's new

Pentecost Pride

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I reviewed this about a year ago and gave it a 6.5. I got a new batch from VKS a month or so ago, and it does seem a bit better. I used 4 tbsp/4 cups of water with a pinch of lecithin and I got a good buzz from it, but after about eight shells. So I'd still rate this as pretty weak, but much better than I initially rated it. You should remember that my first review of this was squeezed between Wow, Black Sand, and Stone. So compared to those, this is obviously a featherweight.

kl.Sub.chemtrails

Kava Curious
I think you were a bit hard on this stuff. It is much more subtle than most other kavas, but it is actually a very good stress relief without any sensation of being krunk. I would rate it higher than you did for that reason.

If you compare kavas by "brute strength" alone, then it doesnt score high. But if you are looking for something to just take the edge of the day. This may be the kava for you.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Perhaps. You have to remember that I bought a whole kilo of it and had a little Kava party. We drank about four cups (dry root) to eight or ten cups of water and nobody - including myself - even had the edge taken off. The thing it did have going for it, that first time, was the flavor. I will say that the most recent batch I tried was excellent.