What's new

Powdered Kava Review Pentecost Pride

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Why is this Kava so unpopular in Europe? I love it!
It is on the heady side, keeps you mind relatively clear, is anxiolytic and euphoric. It isn't as heady as kaolik, and also not so "up", but more chill. Feels like a breath of relief, yet does not tire you. A good social kava, if you don't want to get totally spun out with something like malekula magic. That does NOT mean that it isn't potent...- it is, but just doesn't make you feel gravity much. The taste is also very palatable, which makes this a good kava for newbies...ok, a god kava for everyone, siince i somehwat doubt that there are many people who enjoy the taste of kava.

Since this Product could be discontinued in the future, i suggest to try it at least once before it is too late.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
It has been dropped before, see http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/thr...a-quick-kava-powder-are-back.2294/#post-23741 and isn't that popular in europe so it seems. I can only encourage you to test GKEs/vanuatukavastores kavas yourself because opinions differ, naturally. For instance, i don't enjoy malekula magic that much and feel it is overhyped. Thanks to their very affordable samplers, i was able to taste them all myself...

edit: Also

"This time if Pentecost doesn't do well it will be permanently put aside. It's a major seller outside of Europe so we are not quite sure why it wasn't popular here." (http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/malekula-marang-kaolik-pentecost-fresh-off-the-plane.2913/)

I really want to include it in the next order yiki, it seems we sell just enough to keep it in stock but we will buy small amounts, I don't want to lose it either.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
This is slowly but surely becoming my new "regular" kava as it strikes a good balance beween sedation and joyfulness. It definatly helps me unwind after a long day, but keeps me focused and sociable at the same time. Feels very "liquid" and benevolent. The taste is really nice for a kava; mild and peppery. I think this would be a kava i'd offer to a friend on a lazy afternoon.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
It's important to not get crunked out of your mind on pentecost pride if you want to relax...primarly. Very blanced on a 3-5 teaspoons!

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Unfortunatly, the new batch of PP is very weak, maybe by 40-50%. Unfortunatly, i can't recommend ordering Pentecost Pride at this moment :(
I don't know why GKE would order without doing a chemical analysis first. I'm really sorry i have to post this but i can't in good conscience recommend this kava at the moment :(

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
I can fully confirm this, and I am sorry that I didn't post a warning earlier.
At least I can say that it is fully noble. My Aceton test showed a bright yellow.
I am also very disapointed because earlier batches which were also noble used to be much stronger.
Maybe they are using too young plants after the cyclone destroyed so much?