What's new

Personal Sources of Anxiety & Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
Good morning all,

I hope that when reading this everyone is in a good place, virus free and a shell close by.

I’ve personally battled my anxiety and depression since my teen years.In the beginning I really didn’t understand what was wrong or what was happening to me. I went down dark roads in my mind and with self medicating. To this day the symbiotic relationship between my mind, body and soul seems like car accident at times.

Unfortunately today is going to be one of those days. After moving 2 hours away from my work a year ago; I began commuting. Most people said I was crazy. The past year has been terrible. Car accidents, health, work and most importantly marital issues and so many lost hours with my wife and kids.

During a time of desperation last summer; I discovered Kava and this forum. I sought out medical professionals and prescription medication to get myself well. For the most part; I have drastically improved or I tricked myself into believing that. I have not dealt with the sources of my anxiety and depression.

Today is going to be a bitter sweet day. I have given my work my notice and will be working very close to home starting next week. The combination of a miserable commute and toxic work environment makes for a horrible way to spend most of your week. I’ve already been given a heads up that the boss has taken this personal and it may get nasty. I will NOT allow myself to lower myself to that level. I am going out respectfully with my head held high.

So this morning I raise my shell to everyone in this world that battles with demons and I’m giving strength to us all that we may make the tough decisions to better ourselves and all of humanity.

Bula!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Bula my friend, I applaud you for taking the high road, doing what's right for you is never easy but I have personally used it as a gauge to know I am headed in the right direction. I wish you all the luck in your new job and we are always here, if you need to talk to someone.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Yes, I also wish you the best! No easy answers, just tasting life each day, savoring the best.

Good morning all,

I hope that when reading this everyone is in a good place, virus free and a shell close by.

I’ve personally battled my anxiety and depression since my teen years.In the beginning I really didn’t understand what was wrong or what was happening to me. I went down dark roads in my mind and with self medicating. To this day the symbiotic relationship between my mind, body and soul seems like car accident at times.

Unfortunately today is going to be one of those days. After moving 2 hours away from my work a year ago; I began commuting. Most people said I was crazy. The past year has been terrible. Car accidents, health, work and most importantly marital issues and so many lost hours with my wife and kids.

During a time of desperation last summer; I discovered Kava and this forum. I sought out medical professionals and prescription medication to get myself well. For the most part; I have drastically improved or I tricked myself into believing that. I have not dealt with the sources of my anxiety and depression.

Today is going to be a bitter sweet day. I have given my work my notice and will be working very close to home starting next week. The combination of a miserable commute and toxic work environment makes for a horrible way to spend most of your week. I’ve already been given a heads up that the boss has taken this personal and it may get nasty. I will NOT allow myself to lower myself to that level. I am going out respectfully with my head held high.

So this morning I raise my shell to everyone in this world that battles with demons and I’m giving strength to us all that we may make the tough decisions to better ourselves and all of humanity.

Bula!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Good morning all,

Bula!
Good on you for taking the steps necessary to better your life. It is so much easier to go the opposite direction.

Bosses will be bosses. I haven't seen one person at this job successfully quit without being fired instead. The whole "Oh yeah, you quit? No you don't. You're FIRED" skit I've seen play out so many times it has made me desensitized to it.

My suggestion about the boss, don't worry about it. You'll walk out that door whether he's pissed or happy :)

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
Good job! I hope not having that commute will save you a lot of grief. I've always found it hard to leave toxic situations too. Good thing is it gets easier the more you do it. Dont settle for less! Bula :)

Status
Not open for further replies.