What's new

Kava Recipe Pineapple Kava Jello

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
For this recipe I used an Island Pineapple flavored jello and 1/2 pound of fresh frozen Hanakapi'ai from @Pu'u O Hoku Ranch. I replaced the one cup of cold water to 1 cup of ice cold kava. It's sitting in the fridge setting so I will post a picture when it has set, here are some pics from the prep.

20201014_073616.jpg

Using roughly 400ml of water here, it yields the cup for the recipe and a couple shells for the chef.

20201014_094210.jpg

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Awesome

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it sets and you cut it!

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I was considering doing the same thing, but I thought the top 3/4 would be pure Jello, and the bottome 1/4 would be pure kava sediment. Curious to see how it turns out. Thanks for posting.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I was considering doing the same thing, but I thought the top 3/4 would be pure Jello, and the bottome 1/4 would be pure kava sediment. Curious to see how it turns out. Thanks for posting.
Yeah you are pretty correct in that assumption LOL I did it more for fun than anything else.

20201014_154519.jpg

20201014_154330.jpg

Since I couldn't remove it cleanly off the Tupperware this is the easiest way to show that quarter inch layer of sediment but it tastes delicious and it's really strong with this kava.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hmmm.....u could mix the kava with xantham gum and pineapple jello...maybe blend it with some banana too (vanilla?). Whisk the heck out of it until it looks like shaving cream. Thatd be a cool topping for pineapple upsidedown cake or something heh. I gota try that

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Hmmm.....u could mix the kava with xantham gum and pineapple jello...maybe blend it with some banana too (vanilla?). Whisk the heck out of it until it looks like shaving cream. Thatd be a cool topping for pineapple upsidedown cake or something heh. I gota try that
Yeah you are pretty correct in that assumption LOL I did it more for fun than anything else.

View attachment 10799

View attachment 10800
Since I couldn't remove it cleanly off the Tupperware this is the easiest way to show that quarter inch layer of sediment but it tastes delicious and it's really strong with this kava.
I totally had a box of pineapple jello in my hand last week too.....great post

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
How strong was a 4x4 square of it compared to a shell?