What's new

Kava Preparation Pink's Preparation Technique

Pink

Kava Curious
Other then that i gave up on instant only after two days,thats how long 25g lasted me,and got proper powder kava.Now i know myself that i still need a lot of work to prepare it properly to get best results.But yesterday i have a go for simple method.

Basically found tight sealed container which was around 500mil,poured in 4 full sized heaps of powder making around half of normal cup,then with powder in the container i added full fat milk 1/3 to powder and around same amount of a bit warm water from kettle that was left.

After that sealed container and shook it for 5min,then left it sitting,for another 30 mins or so.then shake it again and got a really fine cup mesh-lucky enough having one around the house.so after siving all the powder into the cup results were quite nice,specially color-since i never did it with milk,but it definitely added to flavor and general strength.
got almost milkshake taste and yet very potent flavour,since i dont mind peppery taste,so far i think that was strongest batch i made properly without using too much powder and easiest by far,also managed to make second batch so got about 5 shells in total.results weren't very noticeable at first but got rid of muscle tightness and unusually to me went to bed really early and got good 10h of sleep.So if flavor is trouble for you give a go for some full fat milk into your kava mix as it definitely adds a bit of kick,and if not at least taste is more unique in strange way :p

Last edited by a moderator:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@Pink, liked your preparation description, so added it to the Kavapedia ("Kava Preparation Section"). Modified original slightly. (y)::happyshell::

Beanie

Kava Enthusiast
Sounds good Pink. Im still at the instant/micronized stage but I will definitely be checking out recipes/various different technique to prepare kava when I move onto the root powder. I will be checking out Kavapedia. Might even upgrade to a coconut shell to drink it out of.(y):D

KavaCat

Meow.
As was pointed out to me, you really have to get good quality instant, or it's usually just worthless. Especially when you factor in cost to effectiveness ratio. GHK's is good instant if you wanna give it another run. It's not quite as strong as regular, but definitely better than the other two vendors I tried, who I had to drink almost entire $22 tins of, just to get any effect at all. Still a little more expensive than traditional kava, but good for the lazy times.

Pink

Kava Curious
thx for adding my technique to wiki,couple more notes that i learned by error and trial.To simplify i will list what i did:

Sealeable food container depending on batch size you want to make for me 500ml is perfect-has to be air tight-also for protection i would highly advise on using plastic bag that container would fit into it,learned this after trying to force open container and covering myself in kavamess :eek: ,now where to get bags,very easy every grocery store has rolls of them in fruits and veg section,so dont be afraid to take dozen if need to when shopping as no one really cares ::winkeyz::
Next step i replaced t-shirt with metalic mesh used for herbs and making teas,now luckily i had one sitting that was perfect size,by size i mean its large enough to cover mid sized cup,this allowed me to easily separate powder from kavakava it still takes 3-4 goes before container is empty and spoon to allow moving powder around to let it stir trough mesh when it gets too blocked-in this case i would not advise using spoon sized meshes as it will turn into long work,as for using large mesh if you dont mind couple minutes cleaning it out nice then go for it ;)
Afterwards one could call it a day and thats what i do since mesh is very dense i dont bother with reusing kava again,while i know another batch could still be made,but its to everyones preferences.Enjoy :)

Pink

Kava Curious
thx Roaddog,every day is new experience to me with kava,not sure if im over the bridge yet,but had only good experience so far.Only wish i had this knowledge 3 years ago before i made wrong turn to benzos,it might seem small issue to some but 3 years of abusing em is no joke when you realize one day that you buried yourself so deep that recovery might take years.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
thx Roaddog,every day is new experience to me with kava,not sure if im over the bridge yet,but had only good experience so far.Only wish i had this knowledge 3 years ago before i made wrong turn to benzos,it might seem small issue to some but 3 years of abusing em is no joke when you realize one day that you buried yourself so deep that recovery might take years.
Well, I am still tapering off Valium I have been abusing them for almost 3 years. Kava does make all the difference in the world. I find it to be number one, on my comfort meds, for Benzo withdrawals. Kava helps so much. But it is still not easy. I have been dropping from 30mgs, down to 24mgs. in 3 months. I'm going slow and steady. I wish I could just through the Valium in the trash can, but that could be dangerous. So, I'm working my way down the ricity, old Benzo Ladder. Great to hear you beat it. Much love. Roaddog....

Pink

Kava Curious
Its other way around friend benzos beat me,im on around 60mgs every few days,never had MD for them in the first place,but at the time it was benzos or lets say give up on life,as ive been torn apart so many times that had to choose road to make it to the next day,as many started small on alp but once gotten into bars it was 1-2-4-5,would say it was good times,but in reality it was pure recklessness and abuse of having supply.Once i realized something was wrong it was too late,w/ds became unbearable 2-4 days and i wasnt myself anymore,the next step was to switch as everyone recommends to valium,and yet to this day i save every pill i can and use everything i can not to go on full time meds,even thou its recommended.but cant afford this now as time and $ isnt on my side,so have to live with what i learned in last years.
Sometimes its painful and i feel angry at others before i reach w/ds and then back on valium to ride it out once again for next day to battle.Its a roler coaster and not the smartest thing to do,but have to deal with it since i choose this road myself.As saying goes don't judge person until you have walked in his shoes,to understand what one has to sacrifice for better of those he cares.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Its other way around friend benzos beat me,im on around 60mgs every few days,never had MD for them in the first place,but at the time it was benzos or lets say give up on life,as ive been torn apart so many times that had to choose road to make it to the next day,as many started small on alp but once gotten into bars it was 1-2-4-5,would say it was good times,but in reality it was pure recklessness and abuse of having supply.Once i realized something was wrong it was too late,w/ds became unbearable 2-4 days and i wasnt myself anymore,the next step was to switch as everyone recommends to valium,and yet to this day i save every pill i can and use everything i can not to go on full time meds,even thou its recommended.but cant afford this now as time and $ isnt on my side,so have to live with what i learned in last years.
Sometimes its painful and i feel angry at others before i reach w/ds and then back on valium to ride it out once again for next day to battle.Its a roler coaster and not the smartest thing to do,but have to deal with it since i choose this road myself.As saying goes don't judge person until you have walked in his shoes,to understand what one has to sacrifice for better of those he cares.
Look man, you have to just chip away, at a bad Benzo Habit. I try to stay functional, yet, in enough pain, I constantly know its there. Sometimes, I use a lot of kava. But I have my better days. I'm determined to get off these drugs, no matter how long it takes. I just get discouraged, as I know I'm taking something that no longer even helps me. Also Its not something I can just set down. I must have will power, that's what makes it tough. But with the help of kava, and a few other things, I am 1/5 the way there. So I have no doubt, Ill get there eventually. I really don't have a choice, all Benzos do is hold me back. Much Love. Roaddog....

Pink

Kava Curious
thats why i try to discourage any people that i meet not to go benzo way,as its spiral down way.
As for me its same as you i dont get any kick from them anymore for a long time now,its just to be normal if even thats a way to call it.Will i be ever of them,not sure if honest,for now i can only think day ahead,i know issues why i went that road,and if benzos were taken away of the equation im not sure where i would be now,only thing im certain i inherited my anxiety,was never able to cope with stress and as years went it got worse to the point where i became almost recluse,anything outside would raise my anxiety to the roof.Life isnt roses and rainbows some people can change others have to suffer.But ive not given up yet,as hard i get kicked i stand up,as slow as i have to go it doesnt matter anymore,if i run out of options theres always something to grab on in life.