What's new

Potentiates datasheet.

Potentiates pool

• Something else mentioned previously doesn't works for me (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have scientific hint against previously mentioned potentiate (please comment)

• Cold pressed black seed oil doesn't work for me

• Total voters

Kapmcrunk

The Kaptain of Crunk (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Can someone explain why the CYP Enzyme info was removed? The people here are literally talking about Inhibitors, Inducers, Anti-Oxidants, and MAOIs, etc.

Once everyone starts to understand those concepts here, you will be able to make very intentional mixtures.

If Coffee has an effect, it is the Xanthine activity of Caffeine. People are even discussing Piperidine having an effect here, which is a base Molecule for many Psychoactive substances.

Why do you think Black Seed Oil works? Go read about how it effects your Enzymes.

Once Kava users understand Enzymes, they can make Ayahuasca type Kava mixtures.

This is Yangonin, all those O's are Oxygen. Highly reactive with Hydrogen, making H2O when they meet
View attachment 10604

This is Hydrochloric Acid found in your stomach
View attachment 10605

Black seed oil contains.

four saturated fatty acids (17.0%) and four unsaturated fatty acids (82.5%). Linoleic acid (55.6%), oleic acid (23.4%) and palmitic acid (12.5%) are its major components

anethole, p-cymene, limonene, carvone and thymoquinone

Thymoquinone
View attachment 10606

p-cymene, Hydrocarbons
View attachment 10607

CYP Enzymes (Drug Metabolism, etc)
Induction and Inhibition (Anti-Oxidants, etc)
I don't mind the explanations, however we're not in any way suggesting people make Ayahuasca type kava mixtures. We're not into that. We're into traditional kava as a food product.

Your explanations heavily rely on referencing currently illegal drugs which is against our terms of service. I understand you're quoting Sasha Shulgin's work which contains many references to "taboo" chemicals. While I do appreciate his work and his contributions greatly, kavaforums isn't the platform for it's discussion. There are far more drug-centric websites in which to discuss the finer points.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
The cinnamon bit is interesting. I use, "religiously" and daily, organic spices for borh vital respiratory symptom management, and food flavoring.

I adore cinnamon. Also 1.5 heaped teaspoons of turmeric and cayenne daily.

I knew these spices are potentiating, along with raw garlic, but cinnamon playing about with liver enzymes responsible for breaking down certain psychoactive substances is interesting and informational to me personally seeing as I am an avid consumer of both daily (cinnamon and stuff that gets me high!)

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
I don't mind the explanations, however we're not in any way suggesting people make Ayahuasca type kava mixtures. We're not into that. We're into traditional kava as a food product.

Your explanations heavily rely on referencing currently illegal drugs which is against our terms of service. I understand you're copying and pasting from Sasha Shulgin's work which contains many references to "taboo" chemicals. While I do appreciate his work and his contributions greatly, kavaforums isn't the platform for it's discussion. There are far more drug-centric websites in which to discuss the finer points.
I understand what you think you are saying, but this thread is breaking into some pharmacological breakthroughs. To call what I talked about here "drugs" or suggest it belongs on a forum about drugs just shows a lack of understanding. Do you know what a Sacrament is, or Soma mixtures, Ambrosia, etc. Sacred Food. This is Sacred Food prep.

But I am not arguing, this thread will get there itself soon enough.

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
The cinnamon bit is interesting. I use, "religiously" and daily, organic spices for borh vital respiratory symptom management, and food flavoring.

I adore cinnamon. Also 1.5 heaped teaspoons of turmeric and cayenne daily.

I knew these spices are potentiating, along with raw garlic, but cinnamon playing about with liver enzymes responsible for breaking down certain psychoactive substances is interesting and informational to me personally seeing as I am an avid consumer of both daily (cinnamon and stuff that gets me high!)
This is due to Cinnamon Inhibting Glutathione
Screenshot_20200731-005356_Drive.jpg

This could also be interesting, it is a Chinese herbal blend that supposedly boosts liver health. And is clearly an Enzyme modulating formula.

Sho-saiko-to

Sho-saiko-to or “Xiao Chai Hu Tang” is a plant formula that is a mixture of 7 botanicals: Bupleurumroot (Chai hu), Pinellia tuber (Ban xia), Scutellaria root (Huang qin), Ginseng (Ren shen), Jujube (da zao), Licorice (Gan cao), and Ginger (Sheng jiang).

Last edited:

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
From a Study at a University in Arizona: Another strategy to reduce the central side effects is to use positive allosteric modulators (PAMs)

I am pretty sure Oxytocin is a positive Activity Modulator, they just haven't researched it in those words yet. They also say Indoles are PAMs so probably any smell you would say is "your favorite smell" is probably a PAM.

That logically leads to Mucuna Dopa (contains many Indoles and 5-HTP)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942911/

and Guarana (contains Caffeine and Theobromine)

These will likely be great potentiators to Kava.

This is what eats away the Oxytocin in your brain

Oxytocin is not very Bioavailable, very short half life, breaks down within 10min in the system. Most of the Analogues are used to cause Labor and Birth. So it is more practical to use Inhibitors that protect peptides like Oxytocin from being cleaved by the PEP and PREP enzymes. Unless you can target Oxytocin this is not something to do daily, because Inhibiting PEP and PREP will cause build up of other Peptides too. Gingko Biloba does this.

Theobromine is in Chocolate

"This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as 'I am in the east and west, I am above and below, I am this entire world"
-Erwin Schrodinger

"All perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha (आकाश) or luminferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana (प्राण) or creative force, calling into existence, in never-ending cycles all things and phenomena."
-Nikola Tesla

"I go to the Upanishad to ask questions"
-Niels Bohr

Last edited:

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
I am trying this mixed with Kava soon.

Lemongrass will likely also be a good Potentiator. Due to the Myrcene and Lemonene, and possibly other unconsidered interactions. But Myrcene will help things cross the Blood Brain Barrier it is also said to be Analgesic itself, and Lemonene is used in aromatherapy and has several of it's own effects and enzymes effects.

Lemongrass (Cymbopogon)
https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-s...earning-center/plant-profiler/cymbopogon.html

One of the main constituents of the many different species of lemongrass (genus Cymbopogon) is citral (3,7-dimethyl-2,6-octadien-1-al). Lemongrass oil has been found to contain up to 75-85% citral. Lemongrass also contains z-citral, borneol, estragole, methyleugenol, geranyl acetate (3,7-dimethyl-2,6-octadiene-1-ol acetate), geraniol (some species higher in this compound than citral), beta-myrcene (MYR, 7-methyl-3-methylene-1,6 octadiene), limonene, piperitone, citronellal, carene-2, alpha-terpineole, pinene, farnesol, proximadiol, and (+)-cymbodiacetal. The volatile oil from the roots contains 56.67% longifolene-(V4) and 20.03% selina-6-en-4-ol. In particular, a study of Cymbopogon martinii isolated fatty acids, common sterols, and 16-hydroxypentacos-14(z)-enoic acid.

Sorrel drink, a combination of roselle calyx aqueous extract, orange or pineapple juice, and lemon grass, had antibacterial effects on Bacillus sp. (a Pathogenic Bacteria), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Lactobacillussp., and Corynebacterium sp., whereas roselle calyx aqueous extract did not show these effects.

Limonene, a constituent of lemongrass, is also being tested for its antitumor activity.

Extracts from the lemongrass plant, when reacted with aqueous chloroaurate ions, yields a high percentage of thin, flat, single-crystalline gold nanotriangles used in nanaotechnology.

Citral is apparently very closely related to Geraniol

Citral, or 3,7-dimethyl-2,6-octadienal or lemonal, is either a pair, or a mixture of terpenoids with the molecular formula C10H16O. The two compounds are geometric isomers. The E-isomer is known as geranial or citral A. The Z-isomer is known as neral or citral B.

Last edited:

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
I made this today.

Kava Extract Mix Calculations, Extract is 90% Kavalactones.

10g = 10,000mg
10,000/120mg
83.3 units of 120mg

2qt = 1892.706 milliliters
1892.706/83 units
22.8ml per unit
Meaning each 22.8ml contains 120mg

1oz fl = 30ml
22.8ml < 30ml
30ml = Normal shot glass
22.8ml = >2/3 of a shot glass

>2/3 of a shotglass = 120mg when mixing 10g in 2qt

I also mixed about 3 droppers, each about 2/3 full, so 2-3.5ml of Lemongrass Oil into the whole 2qt.

I drank 1oz about 2 hours ago and 1oz 1hr ago. I do think the Lemongrass adds to the effects.

Tomorrow I will add Cinammon and I will try a few other things soon.

Last edited:

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
I am going to be testing a ton of different things, my Wife is starting a Company called Divine Mystical Expressions to make things like Soaps, Oils and Spells, etc, so we will have plenty of herbs to test and look at the chemical profiles of and discover or begin to discover enzyme activity.

We have the Lemongrass Extract and Rosemary right now. Then we will be getting an Ancient herb from Africa, as well as a species that grows wild in America and all over the world. By introducing both varieties we hope that people will begin to source the herbs locally and in Africa and begin farming them. And we will also get a common Italian variety that is found in gardens all over the World already. Each one has similar and different profiles, giving them different fragrances and Enzyme activity.

We will also have an herb from a Biblical Oil soon, which is made from a common tree flower bud found all over America. And an Ancient Greek Herb.

I will get into more detail as we get each one and I will see how they each effect Kava. And that is just getting started.

We will also get Gingko and Red Clover Extract soon to see how they effect Kava. We will also be making Dream Inducing Tinctures soon, so we will test the effects of that with Kava also.

So we will be adding to the Potentiates research as we make these soaps and everything.

This is interesting
"Morphological, chemical, cytological and genetic evidence demonstrating the absence of taxonomic distinction between Piper methysticum and Piper wichmannii are reviewed. Piper methysticum is not a separate species, but rather a group of sterile cultivars selected from somatic mutants of P. wichmannii. As P. methysticum was described first (1786), it has priority and P. wichmannii (1910) is superfluous. A new subspecific classification is suggested that makes a distinction between the sterile cultivars (P. methysticum var. methysticum) and the wild populations (P. methysticum var. Wichmannii)."

I wrote this about herbs in the Plague on Facebook in March, but it could help in the Potentiates discussion

Soon there will be plants discovered with Antiviral or Antimicrobial action that is particularly effective against Corona Virus.

During the Plague the Bird masks that were used had plants in them that filtered and cleaned the air breathed. "Ring around rosey, Pockets full of Posies, Ashes, Ashes, we all fall down.". That is about the Plague.
435px-Paul_Fürst,_Der_Doctor_Schnabel_von_Rom_.png

People have been using more Alcohol and Clorox Wipes, and that is great. Bleach and Iodine should be mixed in Water, then the Water can also be used like Rubbing Alcohol. But the Sun brings Plants back to life and plants create disinfectants. There is Lemonene from Lemons, Cinnamaldehyde from Cinnamon, there are various oils that can be used in a shortage of Alcohol, Chlorine and other Solvents.

An example is Theives oil. This is an Oil that Theives actually used during the Plague to pitpocket dead bodies. They would cover themselves in it, and use Cloth drenched in it to Breath.

Last edited:

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
SashaShiva,
Hello. How are you? You are interested in chemistry and herbalism? I am myself. Clarify for me, what do you mean 90% kavalactone extract? huh? did you make it in the kitchen or does it have other ingredients?

Also, I feel good about wishing you to be careful in your goal of combining, mixing, or blending Kava with other herbs. I know I lately have made Kava in juice of swiss chard amd juice of green melon. There are herbs that are powerful on their own. Know your body, your herbs, your kava. Valerian is too strong for me, so I don't use it besides as a cat toy. Lemon balm from my garden in a modest amount gave me awful dreams. Passionflower is also very potent as well as Skullcap. I like Skullcap and haven't really tried it with Kava. Skullcap is good with cinnamon.

Ginseng is something that disagrees with me unless I have it all by itself, while ginger, another root, is complementary to Kava for me. Be safe. Bula!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Oh and I have a spray cleaner which is 0.52% Thyme oil and the rest is water. It claims to effectively remove/kill 99.9% of virus and bacteria. I imagi the statistic for water is somewhere above 99%, just thought you'd like to add Thyme to your disinfectant category.

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
Oh and I have a spray cleaner which is 0.52% Thyme oil and the rest is water. It claims to effectively remove/kill 99.9% of virus and bacteria. I imagi the statistic for water is somewhere above 99%, just thought you'd like to add Thyme to your disinfectant category.
I randomly just thought of Frankincense and Myrrh, Myrrh is a Potentiator for Kratom (which is another subject that could expand research here, Kratom is potentiated by Chamomile too, maybe there is a Kratom potentiates discussion someone could link here) and Frankincense and Myrrh could possibly potentiate Kava. Myrrh has opioid effects or something.

Also, to add to your point about Thyme which I read after thinking about Myrrh. Thyme contains Thymol, related to Propfol, which is the IV drug Michael Jackson used to sleep and died because his live in Anesthesiologist left the room for an hour. But Thyme contains Propofol's very close relative, Thymol, but it is destroyed during digestion and never reaches the brain. So Potentiates could unlock uses for things like Thymol.

SashaShiva

Kava Curious
SashaShiva,
Hello. How are you? You are interested in chemistry and herbalism? I am myself. Clarify for me, what do you mean 90% kavalactone extract? huh? did you make it in the kitchen or does it have other ingredients?

Also, I feel good about wishing you to be careful in your goal of combining, mixing, or blending Kava with other herbs. I know I lately have made Kava in juice of swiss chard amd juice of green melon. There are herbs that are powerful on their own. Know your body, your herbs, your kava. Valerian is too strong for me, so I don't use it besides as a cat toy. Lemon balm from my garden in a modest amount gave me awful dreams. Passionflower is also very potent as well as Skullcap. I like Skullcap and haven't really tried it with Kava. Skullcap is good with cinnamon.

Ginseng is something that disagrees with me unless I have it all by itself, while ginger, another root, is complementary to Kava for me. Be safe. Bula!
I ordered the extract. They said it was made using CO2 in a closed loop extractor with Vanuatu Kava.

All that is good advice. Ginger destroys Peptides, which there are tons of, so it could be useful.

I wonder if Ginger could be taken to destroy byproduct and side product peptides, while Gingko or Skullcap could be used to inhibit PREP Enzymes. Destroying "bad" peptides, protecting Oxytocin.

Last edited:

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I read in Hawai'i, some 'awa fields were growing with frankensence and those harvesting the roots remarked how fragrant it smelled. I would like to pair it sensually, like a frankensense soap or incense or candle.

Orz[EST]

Kava Curious
Being in the world of computers or smartphones distances from the experience somewhat.

Almond milk or a little bit of cream definitely allows to get a little bit more of the relatively expensive wild cognac.

I tried whether healthy Damiana tea is a potentiator. I cannot say yes or no but I can safely call it a mild modulator if you wish.