What's new

Pouni Ono sounds like THE kava for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
I drink kava during the day for anxiety, so one can see how fatigue can become an issue for me at times. Based upon what you guys are saying the Pouni Ono sounds PERFECT for me. I hope I react the same way that you guys do to this. I need a kava that his heady, good for anxiety, and wont FORCE me to nap. Gonna order!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
Pouni Ono forces me to nap, I can't stay awake on the stuff unless I mix it with something else. I could never take that at work. The KWK Borogu and Borongoru I can work on. Kavaboy too.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
Pouni Ono forces me to nap, I can't stay awake on the stuff unless I mix it with something else. I could never take that at work. The KWK Borogu and Borongoru I can work on. Kavaboy too.
Hmm interesting. Youre the first ive read who has said that.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I think Tomkrat said it does that to him too. I mean two shells and I am on the couch sleeping. I love KWK products but I couldn't wait to finish that half pound because I always had to mix it to not fall asleep. I think the 5 chemotype in the fourth place is too sedating for me. 426531.

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
yup. the puoni ono makes me sleepy as well.
i was hoping it would be the peppy, getting stuff done kava that everyone said it was but it makes me sleepy.
my peppy, getting stuff done kavas are the fiji loa waka, small amounts of hanakapi ai, white waka, or small amounts of solomons.
the puoni ono is great kava, it's just not my go-to energizing kava

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Pouni Ono is amazing. At low doses it is a very stimulating and "happy" kava. It will put a smile on your face. However, if you drink too much of it, you will feel VERY relaxed, which can indeed help you to fall asleep. But it is a very "clean" kava, which means that it doesn't make your drowsy or lethargic, just super calm and relaxed.
Also, it is one of the best tasting kavas on the market. Three birds with one shell!

Kavakaize

kavakaize
Just had the instant and the root powder the pouni ono gives very good clarity, awareness and good for socializing. I agree less energizing then the moi but awesome kava and very good tasting!

fatcats

Pouni Ono is the first Kava I bought after trying Kava candy and liking it. It is definitely heady and stimulating. My performance on video games improves greatly, and I'm in a better and more productive mood. I kind of wish it was more sedating as I couldn't fall asleep a couple hours after taking it.

Edit: perhaps I was making the kava too weak. I'll try using a greater kava:water ratio next weekend and report back.

Last edited:

exit stage left
Pouni Ono is my favourite kava, but I usually end up napping for 30 minutes or so a couple of hours after drinking a few shells. I used to exclusively drink heady kavas, but this one is the perfect mix of heady and relaxing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.