What's new

Powdered sediment & kavalactones

• Thread starter Deactivated Account
  • Start date
D

Deactivated Account

Anyone feel there is value in the sediment from a stocking wash (ie good amount of sediment)

I mean is the kick still there with lots of good straining & letting the sediment settle out ? Im getting a bit over the lizard skin which i feel is mostly due to sediment.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Yeah I like mine pretty well strained. I know you use nylon stockings maybe try doubling up or something?

On the other hand I still get lizard skin even with fairly well strained kava. Having gotten it from drinking instant kava before I'm pretty sure it's kavalactones that cause dermo. Still like to get rid of the sediment because it's kinder to my GI that way.

Last edited:
D

Deactivated Account

Yeah I like mine pretty well strained. I know you use nylon stockings maybe try doubling up or something?

On the other hand I still get lizard skin even with fairly well strained kava. Having gotten it from drinking instant kava before I'm pretty sure it's kavalactones that cause dermo. Still like to get rid of the sediment because it's kinder to my GI that way.
Cheers KD. I picked up 2kg from a friend returning from fiji, real sedimenty/dirty but low grunt so you need to get into it to get anywhere. I can feel the dry coming.Man is it hard to drink that last bit.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I can feel the dry coming.
Oh that dry. I totally get the statement above. It's like you already know what you're in for, so your body does you a favor and drys out a little just for nostalgia's sake.

D

Deleted User01

I wonder if the dermo issue is variable depending on which Kavalactones are dominant? Do high DHM/DHK Kavas cause more Dermopathy than those high in Kavain. If you want to put a finer point on it, do Kavas from Vanuatu cause more Dermopathy than those from Hawaii. And I bring that up because I only do Hawaiians and have never gotten Dermopathy. However, I only do Kava 4 times a week and that may be the extenuating factor. Also, 90 percent of my Kava consumption is Micronized so I'm getting every bit of non-Macas sediment. I don't strain the Micronized.

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
What's funny is I drank kava daily for nearly 2 years before I ever got dermapothy. Dermapothy is one of those situations, it seems, that once you get it, you're more inclined to get it again, or keep it.

D

Deleted User01

What's funny is I drank kava daily for nearly 2 years before I ever got dermapothy. Dermapothy is one of those situations, it seems, that once you get it, you're more inclined to get it again, or keep it.
Oh great, so I have something to look forward to in the future.:LOL: