What's new

Powdered Kava Review Premium Fijian Lawena Kava Root Powder

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I wanted to make sure I tried this in case it disappears. I'm a fan of DnB Fiji Waka and their Vanuatu. Like their Vanuatu this kava is not like what the name might lead you to expect but like the Vanuatu it's still a good kava.

It does not look like a typical lawena from Fiji and I have had quite a few by this point. It looks much darker than usual and the only other Fijian lawena I have seen that looks like this is Tikaram's. The DnB does smell sort of like a lawena, unlike the Tikaram's, but it has a sort of vague old dusty musty lawena smell to it. I'm not saying that's what it is, because I don't think it is, just that that is what the smell is like in the bag.

Also, it makes up a darker grog than almost any other lawena I've seen, looking more like a mild waka or a blend (I frequently drink waka/lawena blends, varying the proportions according to my mood). This could very well be because of the variety, the Vula Kasa grown in Savusavu. It LOOKS like a really nice grog, great bubbles and dusty streams on the top that usually promises a good experience. And it tastes quite acceptable, as well. It does not taste like any lawena I ever had, just more like a very mild unbitter unpeppery Fijian waka.

The effects are mild and quite pleasant. Not particularly heavy at all, but still more balanced than what you would normally expect from a lawena.

There is nothing that really stands out as particularly wonderful or distinctive with this kava, but on the other hand, there is not a single thing wrong with it, either. It's quite pleasant indeed. I would happily drink kava like this any time, can will and do. So there's nothing that would lead me to tell anyone "hey, you really gotta give this a try." But it's perfectly fine and pleasant kava. Tastes good, feels good, mild, balanced. Nice root.

It would be good for long sessions, I will say that. If I were going to a circle where I was going to be having 20 shells, this is what I would want or something like it. It strikes me as good for all day/every day shelling.