What's new

Powdered Kava Premium Fijian Waka Kava Root Powder

Dua Na Bilo

Kava Vendor
We will be back in stock by tomorrow guys. This particular batch it quite dark in color. Our farmer advised that its because they had to fire/ hot air dry the kava as its been raining in fiji for the last few weeks

saltminerrr

Kava Curious
We will be back in stock by tomorrow guys. This particular batch it quite dark in color. Our farmer advised that its because they had to fire/ hot air dry the kava as its been raining in fiji for the last few weeks
I just ordered a half a pound after all the great reviews. Would you expect this batch to be the same as before even with the fire drying? I apologize if the question is simple, I am fairly new to Kava. I realize that Kava is often fire dried, but I wanted to ask seeing as it sounded like it was done more than normal due to the weather.

Can't wait to give it a try!

Last edited:

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
Just ordered another 1.5 lbs myself. I really liked this kava. The last batch had a lot of large root pieces, which I just chewed while kneading. Which gave it a nice boost for me.

I've got 1/2 lb. coming via Amazon Prime 2 day shipping. I was only able to place this "inbetween" order because the price is practically 1/2 that of competitors. Normally that would raise huge red flags for me but the reviews are above average and so I decided to take the. So far, this will be my 3rd "variation" or "type" tried. I first had a 1/2 Lb. of Kavafied's: Kava BATI. I currently have a Hawaiian from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava: 'Awa Hanakapi' ai. I actually think I enjoyed the BATI best so far. Hopefully this Dua Na Bilo- Premium Fijian Waka is good.
I have an AluBall (from Kavafied) , but I usually knead my kava [20-30g] manually for ~10 min. in a bowl [1 part milk to 2 parts water] Then i pour it into my AluBall container with a couple new fresh tbsp (in the Ball) and shake the hell out of it for a few min. Makes a very strong brew that's enjoyable for me

Last edited:

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I've got 1/2 lb. coming via Amazon Prime 2 day shipping. I was only able to place this "inbetween" order because the price is practically 1/2 that of competitors. Normally that would raise huge red flags for me but the reviews are above average and so I decided to take the. So far, this will be my 3rd "variation" or "type" tried. I first had a 1/2 Lb. of Kavafied's: Kava BATI. I currently have a Hawaiian from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava: 'Awa Hanakapi' ai. I actually think I enjoyed the BATI best so far. Hopefully this Dua Na Bilo- Premium Fijian Waka is good.
I have an AluBall (from Kavafied) , but I usually knead my kava [20-30g] manually for ~10 min. in a bowl [1 part milk to 2 parts water] Then i pour it into my AluBall container with a couple new fresh tbsp (in the Ball) and shake the hell out of it for a few min. Makes a very strong brew that's enjoyable for me
Let us know what you think. I still haven't tried Dua Na Bilo but am interested how it compares to Bati. I'm getting close to finishing my second 1/2 lb bag of Bati since it has come back into stock and really liking it.

Let us know what you think. I still haven't tried Dua Na Bilo but am interested how it compares to Bati. I'm getting close to finishing my second 1/2 lb bag of Bati since it has come back into stock and really liking it.
I like it.. But its nothing like the BATI. With Bati i feel very strong effects that are euphoric,, and constant waves of warm fuzzy. I can feel the Dua Na Bilo, but I was stupid and the 1st out of 2 (25g) gram kava was drank over a long period of time (approximately 6 hours). The second batch was also made with 25 grams and I'm trying to drink it much smaller timeframe like I usually do with my burns. I just started 2nd batch, and so ill report back shortly.

I forgot to mention in my last comment that Bati was my first kava, followed by GHK"s 'Awa Hanakapi'ai, and now this Dua Na Bilo... I really do like it .. It's had time to kick in after finishing my kava within only 1 hour (600 mL with 25 grams- also my liquid I start with is 1 part milk to 2 parts water. If that helps i dont know for sure but tastes awesome to me)
I believe i read somewhere, the fat in milk helps to extract more kavalactones. . Also i actually enjoy the taste if some milk is added first. Anyway I'll report back on full effects of DLB Fijiian Waka when i am done consuming the wash and had time to really get the full effects.. .~PEACE~

Well, I'm pretty happy- I decided to splurge and pay the CRAZY price for 1/2 lb. TONGA on Prime. So it will be here tomorrow. But I've been having to settle with Wakacon's Fijian Waka... Weirdly I don't like it very much, yet seen great reviews for it. Not that it doesn't work or have potency (bc it really does produce a strong state) but more so I don't like the way it makes me feel compared to Kavafied, Gourmet Hawaiian, or Dua Na Bilo. It might just be me.. .I take K@ daily and have had some change up in my strain rotation, so that could be something, but almost instantly when I start drinking it I get a very nasty, upset feeling in my head and stomach. I can, and have, drank my whole 24 oz (8oz milk-16oz water) made with ~3 HEAPING TBSP's (~30-40 grams?). It's not hard to push through any of that nasty feeling but you would only do so if you get through it. Well in my experience, no matter what strength I make with this, when I drink it, I have to deal with this really odd dysphoria. I haven't seen anyone else say anything about this and it's not easy to explain. Just when drink other kava I get a euphoria or at least good vibes feeling everytime. This I always wish I hadn't really made the batch. Can anyone tell me what the hell that is??

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, I'm pretty happy- I decided to splurge and pay the CRAZY price for 1/2 lb. TONGA on Prime. So it will be here tomorrow. But I've been having to settle with Wakacon's Fijian Waka... Weirdly I don't like it very much, yet seen great reviews for it. Not that it doesn't work or have potency (bc it really does produce a strong state) but more so I don't like the way it makes me feel compared to Kavafied, Gourmet Hawaiian, or Dua Na Bilo. It might just be me.. .I take K@ daily and have had some change up in my strain rotation, so that could be something, but almost instantly when I start drinking it I get a very nasty, upset feeling in my head and stomach. I can, and have, drank my whole 24 oz (8oz milk-16oz water) made with ~3 HEAPING TBSP's (~30-40 grams?). It's not hard to push through any of that nasty feeling but you would only do so if you get through it. Well in my experience, no matter what strength I make with this, when I drink it, I have to deal with this really odd dysphoria. I haven't seen anyone else say anything about this and it's not easy to explain. Just when drink other kava I get a euphoria or at least good vibes feeling everytime. This I always wish I hadn't really made the batch. Can anyone tell me what the hell that is??
Wakacon's Fijian waka is ok but everything offered from Kavafied, GHK and DnB is significantly better kava.

Wakacon's Fijian waka is ok but everything offered from Kavafied, GHK and DnB is significantly better kava.
I have to just agree with you, and honestly, if no other clues tell you, the price tag will.. . That's honestly why I'm so excited to try my Kavafied TONGA Tim... That mess IS EXPENSIVE. I have ordered the BATI and REALLY liked it. The owner told me that the BATI is #3 in potency out of the SUPREME and TONGA. Stoked to try TONGA.. Anyone tried both BATI and TONGA that can give a decent compare/contrast?

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I have to just agree with you, and honestly, if no other clues tell you, the price tag will.. . That's honestly why I'm so excited to try my Kavafied TONGA Tim... That mess IS EXPENSIVE. I have ordered the BATI and REALLY liked it. The owner told me that the BATI is #3 in potency out of the SUPREME and TONGA. Stoked to try TONGA.. Anyone tried both BATI and TONGA that can give a decent compare/contrast?
I've tried both. I'm probably not the most qualified to compare and contrast. However, I will say they are both good and, with the current batch of Bati, both euphoric. Honestly, though, right now I think I like the Bati better; but that could be related to price... Tonga has an even milder flavor than Bati (though i personally like the taste of Bati). I only drank 2 bags of Tonga. I recall really liking what Tonga could do at low doses when I would "listen to the kava," but felt like really upping the dose to get krunked on it was wasteful (this is my VERY SUBJECTIVE impression from a few limited experiences, YM-willprobably-V) as it seemed like the more deeply krunked the more it felt similar to other kavas that I wouldn't have to spend as much on. But at 2 tbs, for example, I felt like it outperformed other stuff. And the taste is some of the best I've had.
P.S. I just realized I am replying to a discussion about 2 kavafied products in a dua na bilo forum; hope that's okay...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I've tried both. I'm probably not the most qualified to compare and contrast. However, I will say they are both good and, with the current batch of Bati, both euphoric. Honestly, though, right now I think I like the Bati better; but that could be related to price... Tonga has an even milder flavor than Bati (though i personally like the taste of Bati). I only drank 2 bags of Tonga. I recall really liking what Tonga could do at low doses when I would "listen to the kava," but felt like really upping the dose to get krunked on it was wasteful (this is my VERY SUBJECTIVE impression from a few limited experiences, YM-willprobably-V) as it seemed like the more deeply krunked the more it felt similar to other kavas that I wouldn't have to spend as much on. But at 2 tbs, for example, I felt like it outperformed other stuff. And the taste is some of the best I've had.
P.S. I just realized I am replying to a discussion about 2 kavafied products in a dua na bilo forum; hope that's okay...
Yes, that is true of all the top shelf Tongans, IMO: there is a point beyond which you hit diminishing marginal returns in using more grind. There is with all kavas, obviously, but I think with the top shelf Tongan kavas it is at a lower point. Better to stretch it out to a longer session than to go for a short strong one.