What's new

Powdered Kava Review Premium Fijian Waka Kava Root Powder

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
This is a really high class kava and worth the premium price. The first thing you notice is the aroma and the texture, rich, fluffy, chocolaty, and it doesn't disappoint when you drink it, either. If you blend and strain it produces a thick, rich grog, almost like a chocolate milkshake with a slightly spicy flavour. The Manoan prep will produce a more typical peppery flavour if you make it 6 TBS to the litre, but if you go 8 TBS to the litre it tastes very nice indeed, and makes for a very relaxing beverage. The mellow it gives is very warm and cozy, comforting, even. This is a very special kava, the kind you save for when you're going to be with someone you like and want to share a really good time.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
@Krunkie McKrunkface , would you say this is a friendly kava for a newbie? (I'm still getting used to the taste)... Then again, if DnB's Fiji Waka is chocolately, if it tastes anything like as good as Damu did, I'm all about the Fiji Waka! I know you've tried both. Lil K
Yes, I would say the DnB Vanuatu is very newbie-friendly. The price is nice, it tastes really good, especially for a Vanuatu with none of the usual Vanuatu pepperiness. Sort of along with that, it's a mostly heady grog, with very little of the heaviness that some people look for and even rely on with a Vanuatu grind.

A hard core connosieur with heavy tastes might be disappointed. If anything it is headier than the DnB Fijian Waka. But a heady fan will love it. Also, because it is so easy to drink, I think newbs should like it, as well. It just goes down really easy. It tastes better than Damu but it won't knock your socks off like Damu will.

Hope that helps.