What's new

Premium Tongan Fu'u, Milk of the Pacific on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all! I am totally new to the world of kava and discovered it entirely by chance but after doing several hours of research online over the past couple of days I decided to purchase some kava. I was actually purchasing some chamomile from amazon and somewhat impulsively decided to look and see if they had kava and it turns out they did so I went ahead and purchased a pound of the stuff.

Being so new to kava I would appreciate any input I can get as to whether or not this is, first and foremost, safe kava to use and secondly if it is going to be a quality product.

here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Kava-Premium-...&qid=1405283624&sr=8-5&keywords=kava+kava+tea
Lastly, if anyone has tried this kava before I would love to hear their input on this.

Thank you all and I hope to become a regular active member of this forum <3

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Welcome to the forums. I have not tried this companies kava but I know that the Fuu is a good kava from Tonga. I also know that all the vendors listed on this forum are known to be good vendors so you do not need to worry about buying from any of the vendors here. Again welcome and aloha.

Chris

infraredz

BULA!
Being so new to kava I would appreciate any input I can get as to whether or not this is, first and foremost, safe kava to use and secondly if it is going to be a quality product.
Welcome!

Just a word of caution but I have always expressed concern over kava that is sold through places like Amazon or ebay and the like and recently a member got a bad batch of kava from Amazon.
At least we have a very simple test for testing kava for being tudei or noble, which you can find here: http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/the-safety-of-kava-how-to-test-yours.2576/

Unfortunately, we don't have an easy way for us consumers to test for other things that could be harmful, such as microbial pathogens and such.
That's where getting kava from a vendor that supplies certificates of analysis and other documentation of testing is recommended.

From here on out, I would highly recommend you order kava from our trusted and amazing vendors listed here.

While there might be some good kava out there, there is a much better chance of you getting bad kava (tudei, improperly labeled, not from claimed origin, etc) than by ordering through our vendors here.
As an example, I've always been suspect of Wakacon and it looks like there was good reason to with Violet's recent experience with getting a bad batch of Vanuatu tudei kava.

Thank you for the warm welcomes :) Yes, the only reason I purchased it on amazon was because I was already buying chamomile and I figured I would see if any kava was available with my free shipping.

From here on out I will definitely be purchasing my kava from more well known and trusted vendors. I am super excited about starting out my exploration of this wonderful plant!

On a side note, has anyone had any experience with this vendor: http://www.kava.com/ ? They are based out of Illinois which is right next door to me geographically and the shipping would be super fast.

KAVATOM

Kava Curious
Personally, I would not recommend kava.com. I made that mistake and although their listed price was good, the shipping cost was nearly $10, which more than ate up any savings I thought I was getting. Also, they didn't mail the product out for 3 days after I ordered, which was on a Monday so there really is no excuse for that type of delay. Overall a pretty lousy experience for me but YMMV.

infraredz

BULA!
Also, they seem to be a "front" for "KONA KAVA" which everyone should avoid with a 10 foot pole right now... :rolleyes:

Better to just get your kava from our wonderful vendors themselves! (y)

Thank you. I will take your advice and steer clear of them for now. As for the vendors on this site, would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of a quality but not overly expensive vendor? I have no problem paying a bit more for a better quality product but I also don't have the biggest budget in the world at the moment.

Thank you all again :happy:

After posting that I did some research and came to the same conclusion so I went ahead and purchased some boroguru from his website. I'm looking forward to trying it when it arrives :)

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
After posting that I did some research and came to the same conclusion so I went ahead and purchased some boroguru from his website. I'm looking forward to trying it when it arrives :)
Welcome to the forum awakenedspirit; I'm always happy to see new members and old that have the same amount of interest as I do in kava. :D
I and others have loved the Boroguru you ordered; for it's light taste (pretty good honestly when in ice) and great all around affects for whenever you choose to use it. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.