What's new

Price vs potency

Amkava

There’s so many places and sizes it’s soo hard to compare! So price per oz vs the most potent. I want to feel the relaxation/ euphoria. Right now I have been trying leilo drinks, they are ok. Ordered the sample pack from kalm with kava, tried the concentrate- nothing, the micronized, not really, and prepared the pouni ono just heartburn is all I have.

kavaaa

Kavalier
Highly recommend Fiji Vanua Kava. Great kava at a great price. I also highly recommend traditional prep. How did you prepare the pouni ono?

Amkava

1 tablespoon is not enough, try doubling +. I would go straight to 4 and see what happens.
I think I used 3, so I will up it. It’s a 4oz bag and I did wash it twice. But that was a lot to drink for not effect and a stomach ache

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I think I used 3, so I will up it. It’s a 4oz bag and I did wash it twice. But that was a lot to drink for not effect and a stomach ache
Quite a few people experience reverse tolerance (myself included), it could very well be the case for you, just keep drinking every night until you feel the effects.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
They have the Vanuatu and waka but the price it pretty expensive I guess you get a whole pound, that’s a big commitment
That's relatively inexpensive, premium kava ranges from that low to high 50's to high 60's, per pound.
Here the current updated price list.

Amkava

Quite a few people experience reverse tolerance (myself included), it could very well be the case for you, just keep drinking every night until you feel the effects.
The only effect I’m having today after preparing 5 tablespoons and I’m drinking from a small tea cup so maybe 3 cups. I haven had i digestion and I feel like puking right now. That’s the kalm with kava. I have been having the leilo sodas and some of the co cent rate for the past week. I may have wasted a lot of money

kavaaa

Kavalier
The only effect I’m having today after preparing 5 tablespoons and I’m drinking from a small tea cup so maybe 3 cups. I haven had i digestion and I feel like puking right now. That’s the kalm with kava. I have been having the leilo sodas and some of the co cent rate for the past week. I may have wasted a lot of money
I assume you already know this, but make sure you are consuming kava on an empty stomach.
I use warm-almost hot water with mine. There's a lot of factors but if you're drinking on an empty stomach then I would say reverse tolerance is the most likely reason you haven't gotten strong effects yet.
Kava does work, I promise you, and it is glorious.

Aloha Kava

Aloha Kava Guy
Kava Vendor
What I do in my daily life is use a 1 to 16 ratio, meaning 1 part kava to 16 parts water. I usually pour 1/4th a cup of kava into a strainer bag, then knead that in 4 cups of water (16 parts would be 4 cups in this case). This usually makes the best cost to potency ratio for me, though I'll do 1 to 8 if I want more power, or use almost hot water, let it soak longer, etc. Also, while an empty stomach can give you stronger effects, if you're worried about feeling queasy, eat a snack so you have a little something in there. Best of both worlds ;)

Regardless, some kava potions are on their way to you and I hope they knock your socks off!

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
They have the Vanuatu and waka but the price it pretty expensive I guess you get a whole pound, that’s a big commitment
Yeah, his half pounds are kind of expensive, but all of Fiji Vanua's prices include free shipping so it evens out. The real deals are in the 2 lb value packs, but it sounds like that's more than your looking for.