What's new

Pu'u O Hoku Dried Apple Bananas

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
apple.jpg

apple1.jpg

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?​

Okay, so I don't leave too many reviews of products non-kava related, but oh my god are these amazing!

I had an expectation of the standard dried bananas I've seen my whole life that leave much to be desired. This product blows any preconceived notion of dried bananas out the window. It tastes more like exotic fruit than anything like a banana and I absolutely love that. It really does have nuances of apple and tangy fruit flavors. Can you tell I've never tried an Apple Banana before?

This would be excellent as a light chaser after shells of some bitter grog.

Now I really have to get some kava from these guys. If it's anywhere near the quality of this....

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I've been so tired of the standard supermarket bananas.
Supermarket Cavendish bananas are pretty lame even compared to Cavendish bananas allowed to ripen on the tree. Their greatest feature is that they look pretty :)
These Apple Bananas seem very similar to a type of banana we have in Fiji called Liga-ni-Marama (Lady Finger) Bananas. I wonder if they're the same cultivar.
@Pu'u O Hoku Ranch Do you happen to have a photo of an unripe bunch of these bananas on the tree?
EDIT: I found some pics on the seaviewfarmshi.com website. Hawaiian Apple Bananas aren't the same as the Fijian Liga-ni-Marama.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Okay, so I don't leave too many reviews of products non-kava related, but oh my god are these amazing!

I had an expectation of the standard dried bananas I've seen my whole life that leave much to be desired. This product blows any preconceived notion of dried bananas out the window. It tastes more like exotic fruit than anything like a banana and I absolutely love that. It really does have nuances of apple and tangy fruit flavors. Can you tell I've never tried an Apple Banana before?

This would be excellent as a light chaser after shells of some bitter grog.

Now I really have to get some kava from these guys. If it's anywhere near the quality of this....

I got some of those and the honey - both are top notch! The honey actually has a nice rich flavor unlike shelf honey here in my local grocery. I actually put some honey on the banana slices for a treat.