What's new

Question about using kava to prevent panic attacks at job interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristin

I have untreated GAD. I am trying to find something to help me function through job interviews since I don't have health insurance and I only did well on xanax. I tried fluoxotine and since I have no depression it made me depressed and suicidal. I need something that can mimic this drug. I never had any addiction issues with it. I was prescribed it and 1 bottle lasted me 6 months. I just need it for really stressful situations.
I typically have panic attacks whenever I interview for really good jobs I want. I am able to not always show it but it makes it really hard to think straight and answer questions. I am hoping Kava would be something I could take prior to help keep me calm during the interview. Will this help or will I be too sleepy or loopy to answer questions? I don't want to appear intoxicated. In regards to alcohol and most substances I am a light weight, however, I am not sure since I have such bad anxiety if I would be with it. I just bought kava powder that was highly rated and said to be strong online.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
it could work, but in a situation like that i'd suggest small doses that don't really quite reach the point of being physically affected.
and more importantly, you must experiment with different varieties and preparations first, so you know what you're getting in to and what works best for you personally.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, as shakas says, watch the dose and experiment with varieties and dosages well in advance of the interview.

I once had to give an interview on Vanuatu TV, which I was very nervous about. I had too much kava just beforehand, and in the event there were very long pauses between the questions and my answers. The kava in this quantity didn't help at all, but a couple of shells would have been OK.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Definitely experiment with the kava well ahead of time so you will know how it is going to affect you. Kava is great for general anxiety and getting you through rough days but for instant panic relief, nothing is quite as effective as a quick acting benzo.

Chaucer

Kava Curious
I have been using it also for what I suspect is untreated GAD. It really is miraculous - takes the edge off without making me loopy. I'm currently going through a particularly intense period having to make a major decision. Adrenaline surges through my body, I get a sort of tunnel vision, I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen to my brain . . . then I take a few tbs of micronized boroguru and it slowly melts away. I truly am blown away by how effective it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.