What's new

Questions of a newbie.

High-King Havnar

Kava Curious
I just recently bought an unbranded Kava Root, owner keeps all roots and flowers in jars, from one of those new age natural remedy places near my location. Only thing I know about this Kava is that it was imported from Vanuatu, and is supposed to be Noble. It is very heady and gets the job done. It is alot finer than the grind off the web so could this mean it is Micronized? I have done prep in warm/kinda hot Milk and aluball. Most of the grind makes it through aluball strainer. Sometimes when I drink a few strong shells for more than a couple days skin on hands and around mouth dry out. I asked this question to my Hawaiian Native friend, He simply Wahaha'd and went on with his jolly self lol. Any thoughts as to my questions? Oh I am fairly new to Kava by a couple months.

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
I've had some very fine grinds as well, it doesnt mean its micronized, so I wouldnt suggest drinking it just mixed in as it could upset your stomach but if you're aluballing it that shouldnt be an issue.

Kava can cause something called dermopathy which dries your skin out quite a bit if you drink it on a daily basis. Not everyone gets dermopathy but I sure do. Best way I've been dealing with it is making sure I'm drinking water while partaking in kava, and to apply good quality lotion on your dry areas every night when you get out of the shower.

Hope I could help!

High-King Havnar

Kava Curious
Thanks, yeah and with things going like they are, after a few heavy sessions my hands were dry and flakey. Took a break for a bit but my hands got lil worse, think with things like they are right now been using a lot of sanitizer like after handling money they dried worse and cracked. Traveling all this week to Cinci for radiation. Started carrying couple jugs of water and using a light soap. Bought some Vit E oil that has some different ingredients in coconut oil. And a moisturizing cream with linola oil, and some petrolium jelly to cover the worse cracks. Will definitely drink more water during my session, seems my skin is sensetive anyway, and the alcohol sanitizer wreaked havoc on already dry hands. Could the initial drying bbeen because of a stronger shell session? Lol today my Hawaiian friend just Haha'd and said I drink like him.

High-King Havnar

Kava Curious
Oh yeah, The names Mason btw, Alias is a Tribute to my Elder Scrolls Character haha. I've been. on a more natural path to healing my ailments like Neuropathy,Pain, Anxiety and other issues. I've switched from a lot of prescribed meds that just turned me into someone else. Quit alcohol about 5 years back, Got off the prescription pain killers over a year ago, and some other prescribed meds, can happily say Im regaining some peace again, and mostly back to my normal happy self I thought I had lost for good. Stay safe you all.