What's new

Questions on Dosing, Capsules and Teas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaucer

Kava Curious
Greetings all!
First offl, I have to say that I hugely appreciate all of the information I have been able to get from this forum and I particularly appreciate the scientific approach that the community has taken when it comes to evaluating the safety of Kava. After several weeks with the Gaia capsules and Yogi tea, I've moved on to GHK's micronized Moi. I had it for the first time yesterday - two tablespoons in a half cup of water spaced about 20 min apart and then had 3 tablespoons this morning, each spaced about 15 min. I had a stress free day today and believe I am feeling immediate effects (of course it could be placebo but the physical sensations feel stronger than what I was feeling with the capsules and tea). Tonight I had 2 more tablespoons, each spaced about 20 min apart.

Question #1: are these doses appropriate?

Question #2: any idea how much Kavalactones I am taking in with each tablespoon? In my research on other sites I came across a suggestion that you should take no more than something like 250mg of Kavalactones per day. I'm guessing that I'm far exceeding this number but I also gather that this limit is not the prevailing practice in these forums.

Question #3: the Gaia capsules seem to employ an alcohol/water extraction method. I came across some research which suggests that alcohol extraction is potentially bad. Thoughts?

Question #4: does anyone know if the Yogi tea uses Noble Kava?

Sorry about all the questions in my first post, but I am eager to learn as much as I can from this promising root!

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Welcome to the forum, and these are good questions. As with many supplements, I don't think there are real dose recommendations. It's more difficult to measure how much kava lacrosse one gets with prepared, or dry root. I don't think one can overdose on kava, you would probably vomit.

I have not tried the tea, but I doubt its effectiveness on principle. Kavalactones are not water soluble, and require agitation to be released.

Chaucer

Kava Curious
Actually feeling just a slight bit nauseous today and my tongue feels really dry. I drank water throughout the night but maybe not enough. To recap, I have had nothing but GHK Micronized Moi for the last two days. A total of 2 tbs the first day and 5 tbs yesterday (spaced 3 in the morning and 2 in the evening). I'm holding off taking any this morning. Do others get this from noble?

Status
Not open for further replies.