What's new

Quick Kava Powder (Instant) Back In Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavajohn

Kavavavavavavav!
I think GKE is restrained legally about advice on consumption, so let me jump in.

I tried this with my last order and just put in for another batch, I didn't strain, just put 2 teaspoons in a glass of water and away you go.
Its really effective for myself and I was straining malekula prior to the instant, it seemed pricey compared to the root powder but it last much longer as you need less.

I'll always enjoy root but the quick powder is the one I go for if I manage to catch it in stock ;)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
They told me the middle of October but that's been and gone. I keep an eye on it so if I see it in stock I will post here.

Mr G

Kava Curious
Just saw it restocked last night, along with Malekula again, and they've just announced on Facebook that they're working on supplying some new strains, but they don't say which.

ta-va

Earth Bound
What do the time factors mean against the heavier batches? e.g 25gm=0, 100gm=2 weeks, 250gm=5 weeks?
Are these lead times or a gauge of the average amount of time a batch would last your "research"?

I would really like some of this for a week away with work from 16th onwards but I'm loathe to pay the price for the smaller batches.
However, as I want this within a week, I'm also loathe to wait the lead times (if that's what they are) to get the better deal.

Also, it struck me today, that I can understand the whys and wherefores of the wording used on the site e.g. "research purposes", "novelty items only" etc. but if that is the case, is it wise to put up customer reviews where they have been talking about the taste, or " drinking a glass of" etc.? I suppose, the get-out clause is that what the researchers do with the product once it has left the premises is no longer in their control?

Mr G

Kava Curious
What do the time factors mean against the heavier batches? e.g 25gm=0, 100gm=2 weeks, 250gm=5 weeks?
Are these lead times or a gauge of the average amount of time a batch would last your "research"?
I'm pretty the times are an indication of how long the amoounts should last. I don't think GKE will be making any references in public themselves to dosages, etc. They won't even do it in emails, just in case.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@ta-va novelty items?! I didn't read that bit!

As Mr G says the 5 weeks is the amount of time they are estimating a bag will last you. I haven't worked it out exactly but I usually use 6 heaped teaspoons per night I use it so I can't see a 250gm bag lasting me 5 weeks if I used it every night. I just ordered 4 bags, it's my main instant right now. They did used to sell it in larger bags at a slightly cheaper price but I think with demand being higher than supply right now they are keeping the bags smaller to make sure everyone can get some.

Out of interest I looked at the Vanuatu kava store price for QKP (it's there that GKE gets it from) and it would be cheaper by about £20 or £30 including delivery over a kilo but then you have to wait for it and there's no cast iron guarantee that it will clear customs. I ordered about £450 worth from GKE the other day and that would almost certainly be quite a bit cheaper ordering direct from VKS but how would you feel if that order got stopped at customs? Also with GKE it's there in 2 or 3 days. Just out of interest.

ta-va

Earth Bound
Yeah, thanks Edward and Mr G. Gonna order some now as I doubt it will last in stock too long. (Especially with you going around buying everything up at the moment in £450 batches :ROFLMAO: )

ta-va

Earth Bound
Got the Quick Kava Powder from GKE today (Thurs). I love how quickly their packages arrive. And it's good stuff, too. Been using 3 heaped teaspoons to a cup of water. Nice buzz, very mellow. Quickly starts heady and euphoric (within 5 - 10 mins) but not to the point where it gets too much and then settles into a more body-relaxed vibe.
Lasts a good 2 - 3 hours and is mild-tasting. Not noticing any undue grittiness or clumping, giving it a good old shake-up in a small vacuum flask before pouring.
Think I'm starting to find the instants more palatable than the kneaded root - I'm sure this is since I had a sicky episode on the root. Not sure how long this will last me, though. For now, though, and the convenience of being able to take it away on a work trip next week, this has been well worth the purchase. (y)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I do really like the instant but I find it quite gritty. Maybe just the batch I had last?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
So the Opikhao is really strong then? How much powder did you have when you where ill on it?

ta-va

Earth Bound
Oh I probably kneaded 3/4 heaped tbspns to a couple of cups of water (drinking at half a cup per time) and then did the same again over a 3 hour period. I really should have stopped after the first lot. Chasing more of a buzz but just brought on a sickness all of a sudden out of nowhere. (Actually - I remember it was when I downed a glass of cranberry juice that I vomited and then it just kept coming - wonder if it was the effect of the fruit acid hitting the kava in my stomach?). Wasn't feeling 100% that week either, probably didn't help. I blame myself rather than the root - lesson learned, but it is still probably the strongest root I've tried.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Right, so about 6/8 tablespoons? That's quite a lot anyway but if it's a strong one... Hopefully I can avoid that...

Status
Not open for further replies.