What's new

Instant Kava Review Quick Kava Powder

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Although I am fairly new to kava I have some experience of a few different types now including some different instants so I thought I'd write a review for this. Also there aren't too many other reviews for this so seemed worth doing.

I hadn't had this kava before so started gently to gauge it's effects. I had 1 tsp in about 4 ozs of water and shook vigorously in a bottle to mix. I found that the powder did not mix completely into the water and there was a gritty residue which was quite unpleasant.

Taste wise this is very mild, barely any peppery taste. It still tastes like kava but on the mild side.

The effects could be felt after 5 mins or so although they were very subtle due to the low starting dose. With the second shell I mixed 2 tsps. into about 7 or 8 oz of water. Almost immediately I could feel an uplift in the effect. The third shell was another at 1tsp and again, an increase in the overall effect was felt.

Overall I found this to be very easy to use although the mixing issue is a concern. I experienced mild euphoria but more pronounced body effects. It had a very calming effect and although I was already tired after working all day it didn't put me to sleep. My impression of this kava is that it is a relatively mild mix that can be used in slightly higher doses to get a subtle but very pleasant effect. If split into a number of shells over a period of time the effects build nicely. I would guess that taken in one large dose straight away you could get a stronger effect.

In future I would start right off with 2 tsps. then another 2 tsps. after 30 mins. Depending on the situation I could then have another 2 tsps. I would recommend this kava to other people if you want something convenient that will have this sort of effect.

I should mention as well that this was very easy on my stomach. I hadn't eaten for 6 hours before using this kava and I felt no nausea at all. I got some mouth numbing but it didn't seem to have a negative effect on my stomach at all. I ate about 30 mins after my last shell and the food sat nicely and maybe increased the effects very slightly.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I want to follow up on this review as I have gained quite a bit more experience with kava since I posted it. I would say that I agree now with what I wrote then. I've tried a few more instants since and this is a very dark and muddy mix compared to some of the nice creamy instants you can get. Saying that though the taste is still mild compared to some of the kavas I have had.

I have changed the way I take this a little mainly upping the amount. Now I use 1 tablespoon in about 6 oz of water and slam it fast then do the same again after 45 mins to an hour. I still find the effects more subtle than with some of the other instants but I like the mellow effects this kava brings. There is a slight headiness to it but I feel this one mostly in the body.

I have had this kava this evening and again I experienced no nausea and have eaten since and the food was accepted well. Although not a strong kava I would recommend it if you want a nice mellow mix that will not blow your head off.