What's new

Powdered Kava Review Rahmwanger from myjadesa

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I recently purchased some rahmwanger from myjadesa prices are in US. Cant figure out how to do a review here in the other suppliers section so Ill copy and paste what I posted on r/kava

I purchased Sakau from myjadesa. First time buying from a un-verified source.

Shipping & Packaging:

To my surprise the kava was shipped from Pohnpei, FSM. Pretty cool getting from such a small island and direct. It came packaged in a Ziploc Bag and a sticker on the bag. Not the best packaging by any means.

Appearance and Scent:

Pretty fined grind. smells and looks like a Hawaiian kava which makes me excited.

The prepared grog is pretty light kava, quite oily. Used roughly about 1/3 cup to 40 oz water. (I dont really measure either of these but fairly accurate guess)

Taste:

More peppery then the looks and smells. Taste is in between a Hawaiian and Vanuatu kava. Very drinkable

Onset:

Not an immediate onset like some kavas but settles in nicely around 20 mins after shelling.

Effects:

I am about 3 shells in about now and find the effects extremely pleasant and unique. Very well balanced kava a little more "heady" but no noticeable edginess yet. I have been drinking kava for over 2 years from almost all the popular vendors. Out of all the kava I tried this one feels most like Papa Kea from GHK.

Album with some pictures

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I recently purchased some rahmwanger from myjadesa prices are in US. Cant figure out how to do a review here in the other suppliers section so Ill copy and paste what I posted on r/kava

I purchased Sakau from myjadesa. First time buying from a un-verified source.

Shipping & Packaging:

To my surprise the kava was shipped from Pohnpei, FSM. Pretty cool getting from such a small island and direct. It came packaged in a Ziploc Bag and a sticker on the bag. Not the best packaging by any means.

Appearance and Scent:

Pretty fined grind. smells and looks like a Hawaiian kava which makes me excited.

The prepared grog is pretty light kava, quite oily. Used roughly about 1/3 cup to 40 oz water. (I dont really measure either of these but fairly accurate guess)

Taste:

More peppery then the looks and smells. Taste is in between a Hawaiian and Vanuatu kava. Very drinkable

Onset:

Not an immediate onset like some kavas but settles in nicely around 20 mins after shelling.

Effects:

I am about 3 shells in about now and find the effects extremely pleasant and unique. Very well balanced kava a little more "heady" but no noticeable edginess yet. I have been drinking kava for over 2 years from almost all the popular vendors. Out of all the kava I tried this one feels most like Papa Kea from GHK.

Album with some pictures
wow, thanks for posting that!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Cool review, I always like hearing about rare kavas or un-verified vendors, you never know when you might stumble upon a gem.

I was going to buy some fresh frozen from these guys a while back, but it was just too expensive and required a trip to the airport to pick it up, so I had to pass, for the time being.

I'm noticing now, that a half pound of the dry powder you got is going for $35, did that price include shipping? $70 per pound is just too steep for me, granted, it is a somewhat rare kava. (From our perspective) At that price, I could only see myself buying it once, out of sheer curiosity.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I'm noticing now, that a half pound of the dry powder you got is going for $35, did that price include shipping? $70 per pound is just too steep for me, granted, it is a somewhat rare kava. (From our perspective) At that price, I could only see myself buying it once, out of sheer curiosity.
Shipping was not included it was $10 to ship to MN.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I ordered some of this, and weirdly, I now have a USPS tracking number from zip code 96941. The Federated States of Micronesia were formerly a US territory, but are now independent, but apparently they still have US zip codes... expected delivery by Saturday. That's pretty good for delivery from a foreign country in the middle of the Pacific Ocean..

fsm.png

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I heard about Rahmwanger from Chris (GHK), but I haven't tried it yet! Seems to be a quite rare variety.
Rahmwanger is the common one, there are 2 varieties that grow in Pohnpei that is one and the other is Rahmedel, this is the rare one and hold a lot of power over there in Pohnpei.
I have both varieties growing here in Hawaii and I really like the Rahmedel but they are both good.
Aloha.

Chris

verticity

I'm interested in things
Rahmwanger is the common one, there are 2 varieties that grow in Pohnpei that is one and the other is Rahmedel, this is the rare one and hold a lot of power over there in Pohnpei.
I have both varieties growing here in Hawaii and I really like the Rahmedel but they are both good.
Aloha.

Chris
Interesting. The have both on the web site, but the Rahmedel is sold out...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Aloha.

Chris
Are you taking any advance orders for these?

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Aloha.

Chris
Without trying to hijack the thread, is there plans to possibly sell the varieties? From my inept understanding of Rahmedel is that it’s essentially only for royalty within the area or very special occasions.