What's new

Kava Research Rat neurotransmitter study

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Honestly, I cannot interpret most of the neurotransmitter effects in particular parts of the rats' brains into layman's terms.

The neurotransmitters are important because they are like vehicles and mounts: trains, horses, trolleys, rickshaws and yachts.

The brain areas are important because they are like hubs: you do not want too much elephants heading to Vostok station (in the middle of Antarctica) or yachts to Ulaanbaatar (capital of Mongolia).

I know some brain areas and some locations but I rather not comment about glutamine and aspartate, thalamus and hypothalamus. However, I understand that this is a very important study because it studied several brain areas and transmitters.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...CERTAIN_BRAIN_AREAS_OF_ADULT_MALE_ALBINO_RATS

Last edited:

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Honestly, I cannot interpret most of the neurotransmitter effects in particular parts of the rats' brains into layman's terms.

The neurotransmitters are important because they are like vehicles and mounts: trains, horses, trolleys, rickshaws and yachts.

The brain areas are important because they are like hubs: you do not want too much elephants heading to Vostok station (in the middle of Antarctica) or yachts to Ulaanbaatar (capital of Mongolia).

I know some brain areas and some locations but I rather not comment about glutamine and aspartate, thalamus and hypothalamus. However, I understand that this is a very important study because it studied several brain areas and transmitters.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...CERTAIN_BRAIN_AREAS_OF_ADULT_MALE_ALBINO_RATS
It is interesting that this post was placed in "Off Topic" when the study itself is regarding kava and/or kava extracts.
The gist of the study -for me at least- is very difficult to understand in any case.
While they refer to possible "memory impairment" they admit the flip side which is much more documented
that kava can increase your ability to think and act.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
This neuro-anatomical study might enable some researchers to make some hypotheses and plans for future neuro-functional studies. Rat memory, anxiety, etc.