What's new

Real instant kava?

PurimGrogger

Because "Shell Silverstein" was already taken
This list is not exhaustive, but:
Bula Kava House
Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (a number of varieties, many of the same varieties of which they make medium grind)
Kavafied
Nakamal at Home

Availability varies but among the above four you should find something..

hightides42

our Roots run deep
Kava Depot also shows a Vanuatu instant, description is dehydrated from traditional prep. I havn't tried it, $348usd a kilo, if i read it right, which is a good deal if so, currently unavailable...
BKH green instant is good, imo, and we are huge fans of GHK instants, Nene, Mahakea, Moi, Hiwa... tried them all, love them.
About to place order for N@H fire island instant, and whole sampler pack to get familiar with their offerings.
check the google doc that Kap'm maintains, he's been keeping up on availabilities real well
KavaForums Kava Tracker

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava Depot also shows a Vanuatu instant, description is dehydrated from traditional prep. I havn't tried it, $348usd a kilo, if i read it right, which is a good deal if so, currently unavailable...
BKH green instant is good, imo, and we are huge fans of GHK instants, Nene, Mahakea, Moi, Hiwa... tried them all, love them.
About to place order for N@H fire island instant, and whole sampler pack to get familiar with their offerings.
check the google doc that Kap'm maintains, he's been keeping up on availabilities real well
KavaForums Kava Tracker
It seems to come and go quickly, but that instant from Kava Depot is by far the cheapest real instant out there. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure it's the same instant that several other large name vendors carry as differently named products.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
Pure kava also sells a true instant as well, though I have not tried it so cannot speak to it, but it exists.

Edit: for the price and the fact the website description says micronized, I am to believe this is NOT instant, but the package does say otherwise.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
It seems to come and go quickly, but that instant from Kava Depot is by far the cheapest real instant out there. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure it's the same instant that several other large name vendors carry as differently named products.
I currently have some of their Instant Ceremonial.

It was officially the first kava I ever personally tried 12 months ago.

I then went on to try the Vanuatu instant green, is decidedly lighter by many shades.

But in terms of aroma and potency both are equally the best instant Kavas I have personally tried to date, my only other experiences being Fire Island kava from NH@, and KSNZ.

But I am quite limited in choice options over here so my experience is also limited to these I mention above.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know how good this Kava is ... Title says: Fiji Micronized Instant Kava Premium grade Noble kava ... Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm new to Kava but isn't Micronized and Instant a different product? Here's the link

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I don't know how good this Kava is ... Title says: Fiji Micronized Instant Kava Premium grade Noble kava ... Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm new to Kava but isn't Micronized and Instant a different product? Here's the link
You are 100% correct. Micronized and instant are two completely different kava products. Micronized is made by sifting medium grind kavas through progressively finer sized screens. Real instant kavas are made from fresh kavas, and then dried.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
You are 100% correct. Micronized and instant are two completely different kava products. Micronized is made by sifting medium grind kavas through progressively finer sized screens. Real instant kavas are made from fresh kavas, and then dried.
Thanks for the confirmation! Seems like they should update the product title in the website as they might confuse people. :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thanks for the confirmation! Seems like they should update the product title in the website as they might confuse people. :)
Well technically the industry has now adopted "Micronized Instant" for the new term in place of "Micronized". It's confusing at best.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
Well technically the industry has now adopted "Micronized Instant" for the new term in place of "Micronized". It's confusing at best.
Oh OK ... So if I read "Instant", it's "Instant" and if I read "Micronized" or "Micronized Instant" it's "Micronized" right? :)