What's new

Really bad reaction

Tasha

I’ve been drinking kava a little over a year know. I drink it at night only. My usual is 2 aluball with 1 heaping scoop each. Last night terrified me and my family. 15-20 minutes after I drank it I starting making large jerking movements that I couldn’t control. They were so bad that my kids started screaming and my husband ran over to me!!!!! I couldn’t walk from jerking so much. I spent the next 2 hours with my face in the toilet puking, praying for God to make it stop!!!!! I’m afraid to drink it anymore and it had really been helping me. Can anyone shed light on what may have occurred?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I’ve been drinking kava a little over a year know. I drink it at night only. My usual is 2 aluball with 1 heaping scoop each. Last night terrified me and my family. 15-20 minutes after I drank it I starting making large jerking movements that I couldn’t control. They were so bad that my kids started screaming and my husband ran over to me!!!!! I couldn’t walk from jerking so much. I spent the next 2 hours with my face in the toilet puking, praying for God to make it stop!!!!! I’m afraid to drink it anymore and it had really been helping me. Can anyone shed light on what may have occurred?
Goodness. What vendor and type of kava were you drinking?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If you don't feel comfortable sharing that with us, then please please send a message to the vendor. They need to know if there is a batch issue.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nakamalathome. The weird thing is it’s down to almost the bottom of the bag. It’s their stone.
That's strange. Definitely not something we normally see. I would message Nakamal @ Home On Facebook. You can tell them the guys from kavaforums told you to message them about it.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Sounds like "kava shakes". A rare phenomenon, but I've seen it happen in Vanuatu. usually happens when susceptible individuals go "hard" and drink a fairly large amount of very strong kava. Some people speculate it might be more likely to happen if you are dehydrated and fasting. Generally seen as harmless and resolves by itself with no further side effects or consequences.

Tasha

Sounds like "kava shakes". A rare phenomenon, but I've seen it happen in Vanuatu. usually happens when susceptible individuals go "hard" and drink a fairly large amount of very strong kava. Some people speculate it might be more likely to happen if you are dehydrated and fasting. Generally seen as harmless and resolves by itself with no further side effects or consequences.
Thank you!!! I’m going to try again tonight but not as much. I hadn’t eaten since 5pm and it was almost 11pm.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Another member on this forum has said he puts pillows on the floor for safe landing pads when he goes hard with the kava. Perhaps a solution for you? I've had it happen a few times this year though without the throwing up part. I could walk, just poorly lol! I just take it as a sign to make the kava less strong. I bet it was a mixture of different kavas and it was unevenly mixed. You must've gotten the more potent part.