What's new

Really wanting to give Kava another serious go around.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
My history with Kava aside, I really really feel a need to try kava again. Kava did always seem to reduce pain... And that first time was an absolutely amazing experience that I'm confident I can reach again at least at a similar level.

So, I started using Tianeptine therapeutically for about 6 weeks when I started to consume higher doses, knowing what the result would be due to research. Anyway, there's nothing exceptionally "fun" about it besides the fact that it made me "nod off" quite a few times during the day without reducing energy or actually making me unable to stay awake. Also, it gave me the best and most consistent sleep that I've ever had in the latter half of my life.

There's not really a question here. Just wanted to get this off my chest. Oddly enough my dabbling with alcohol never produced effects like this, in other words little psychological dependency. Even though it has had the ability to produce the most intense euphoria I've ever felt in my life. Well, the only euphoria, but still I haven't really been able to see people report similar levels of euphoria even in reports with supposedly more euphoric, and illegal, drugs.

So, I want to stay the crap away from illegal and dependence forming stuff. BTW, Tianeptine is a Mu opioid receptor agonist, and potent too but with low affinity just for clarification. I see there's already a thread about "warming kavas" but what about the best ones for that amazing feeling of inner calm and sleep?

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Nothing I've tried from GHK has really seemed to have any effects for me. I've tried Mahakea which brought me close to the buzz I felt the first time with BKH Borogu. Nene, not much. Umm, Hanakapi Ai I think was the same. I feel like there's one more I'm not remembering. Anyway, I can only buy one batch of kava right now but thanks for the suggestion, most people's reports do say the GHK is some pretty high quality.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
what about the best ones for that amazing feeling of inner calm and sleep?
fwiw ALL decent kavas give me inner calm and sleep. All decent kavas are good and even the worst decent kava will give me 100% of the health benefits of kava and a great deal of the pleasure effects, as well.

Of course, some premium kavas are better than other kavas, and have individual differences.

But we are really talking about fairly subtle graduations on the scale, vs the huge difference with "no decent kava" Kava is good, so decent kava is good. Better kava is better. But not essential. More depends, IMO, on the grind, water, prep, your mood, etc. Any decent kava should feel good and give you calm and pleasure and good sleep.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
fwiw ALL decent kavas give me inner calm and sleep. All decent kavas are good and even the worst decent kava will give me 100% of the health benefits of kava and a great deal of the pleasure effects, as well.

Of course, some premium kavas are better than other kavas, and have individual differences.

But we are really talking about fairly subtle graduations on the scale, vs the huge difference with "no decent kava" Kava is good, so decent kava is good. Better kava is better. But not essential. More depends, IMO, on the grind, water, prep, your mood, etc. Any decent kava should feel good and give you calm and pleasure and good sleep.
That does make sense. Some people say that some Kava variety's have given them a stimulating effect, but that very well may be due to a psychological vulnerability. However, it is noted by the people in the South Pacific that Kava can give energy.

Man, I just wish I knew a good Kava variety before I tried it. There's so much interpersonal variation. I guess, in the end, all I need is a very potent variety to get the best bang for my buck.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Nothing I've tried from GHK has really seemed to have any effects for me. I've tried Mahakea which brought me close to the buzz I felt the first time with BKH Borogu. Nene, not much. Umm, Hanakapi Ai I think was the same. I feel like there's one more I'm not remembering. Anyway, I can only buy one batch of kava right now but thanks for the suggestion, most people's reports do say the GHK is some pretty high quality.
If GHK kavas aren't doing much for you then I would seriously look into your prep method and dosing!

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
If GHK kavas aren't doing much for you then I would seriously look into your prep method and dosing!
I know, I have tried to figure out the prep method, and I do have to admit that I never could get down the whole batch without some irritating nausea.

Also, I can't find Hiwa at GHK :confused:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Man, I just wish I knew a good Kava variety before I tried it.
That's my point entirely, there are dozens and dozens of good kavas, so many it's not worth worrying about getting just the right one. (e.g., there are plenty of good kavas out there that aren't among the kava vendors here, but all of the kava vendors here sell good kava, you don't really have to worry about that, it just becomes a matter of personal taste and I guess money). They're almost all in the ballpark of where you want to be, one might be 98% there and another 99%, but is that 1% of difference so crucial it's worth worrying about or spending a lot of time on? I dunno, drink enough kava and those things that seemed so vitally important before seem to fall into perspective.

Last edited:

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
That's my point entirely, there are dozens and dozens of good kavas, so many it's not worth worrying about getting just the right one. (e.g., there are plenty of good kavas out there that aren't among the kava vendors here, but all of the kava vendors here sell good kava, you don't really have to worry about that, it just becomes a matter of personal taste and I guess money). They're almost all in the ballpark of where you want to be, one might be 98% there and another 99%, but is that 1% of difference so crucial it's worth worrying about or spending a lot of time on? I dunno, drink enough kava and the those things that seemed so vitally important before seem to fall into perspective.
Heh heh, yeah, I guess that's why I'm going with Nambawan, for the cost effectiveness.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Well, now I'm contemplating the possible worth of looking for a bag of kava root at a local health food store. If it's not an "extract" is it worth any consideration? I'm just kind of excited to start up and am looking for the easiest, quickest option.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Try KWK from Amazon with next day, has to be safer than some random stuff. You want your first time back to be a good one.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, now I'm contemplating the possible worth of looking for a bag of kava root at a local health food store.
I'm wracking my brains and coming up blank. Is there any possible worth of looking for a bag of kava root at a local health food store? I know there must be some planets out there where there is, just not too confident about this one.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Well, hate to let ya down but the Nambawan from BKH was ordered a couple hours ago. At least I was saved from Health food store Kava.