What's new

Recent Batch

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
How is Kava Time's recent batches? I was looking at trying the new kavas and the old favorites (I have not had since 2018). Luckily I still have some of the kadavu.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
I will answer my own question. The new Savusavu may be more potent, heavier & headier both, than the one I had several years ago. It is more peppery in taste. The one I had several years ago had a much smoother taste. Will be trying the Koro waka tonight.

Last edited:

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I will answer my own question. The new Savusavu may be more potent, heavier, and headier both, than the one I had several years ago. It is more peppery in taste. The one I had several years ago had a much smoother taste. Will be trying the Koro waka tonight.
This is good to hear. I just ordered a pound of both of these yesterday!

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
I will answer my own question. The new Savusavu may be more potent, heavier & headier both, than the one I had several years ago. It is more peppery in taste. The one I had several years ago had a much smoother taste. Will be trying the Koro waka tonight.
I noticed the savusavu has a much more peppery flavor than it use to, and its pretty strongly balanced imo. And honestly, while the overall palate of it is smooth, it has just as much pepperiness in it as santos pride

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
The latest Savusavu is balanced with a bit of a zing up front. Smoky flavor, though the grog is light colored.

Santo's Pride is dark and a little peppery. Super heavy, yet clean.

Koro is medium dark and surprisingly smoke-free. Great evening kava, or mixer with lawena any time.

theGrogfather

Koro is a creeper as advertised, very nice tasting waka with every effect one would expect from a stronger Fijian waka. Perfect for evenings.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Koro is a creeper as advertised, very nice tasting waka with every effect one would expect from a stronger Fijian waka. Perfect for evenings.
What exactly are koros effects like? Try to describe it if you wouldn't mind, its the only one I haven't gotten from KT yet

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
koros is pleasant, relaxing but not overly sedating, at least the two times I tried it. It is a creeper.

theGrogfather

What exactly are koros effects like? Try to describe it if you wouldn't mind, its the only one I haven't gotten from KT yet
Starts a bit euphoric, then a nice relaxing mood settles in after a while, great sleep to follow. It had the feeling it would be a next day groggy mood but I was surprised how fresh I felt in the morning.