What's new

Recent KWK Loa Waka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Anyone had this lately? The batches from two years or so ago were crazy potent.
It’s been a few months so I can’t say I’ve had the latest batch but most recent was about 4 months ago and it wasn’t like it was 2 years ago. Still very good just not as impressive as previous batches

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not getting the same effects, and taking 4x the quantity I was a couple years ago.
However, I got all sorts of brain chemistry stuff (read: post-benzos) going on, so I'm assuming it's that. Let us know how you go if you order?

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
Just opened a bag and it’s low in punch. Taste is a bit different than I remember, it’s actually quite mild tasting. The effects are subtle but still pleasant feeling. Still a good kava but not as powerful as it was in the past

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I have had any loa lately but I've been using Borogu and it's definitely not as potent as the last bag I had, I even waited till kava has completely left my system and tried again multiple weeks. Not as strong of a taste and less mouth numbing. Finer ground it too like usual so the amount of good stuff in there was the same. It's ok but I really hope the trend won't continue.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, it is so, so weak, it basically made me give up on kava. I doubt i will reorder any kava if prices at that potency level stay so sky high. Sorry, its just not justifiable.
Before, 3 heaped tablespoons would be enough for a good crunk, now that is almost impossible or only achievable fasting the whole day.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, it is so, so weak, it basically made me give up on kava. I doubt i will reorder any kava if prices at that potency level stay so sky high. Sorry, its just not justifiable.
Before, 3 heaped tablespoons would be enough for a good crunk, now that is almost impossible or only achievable fasting the whole day.
Tried even kneading and getting more sediment out of it till it was like mud, still same thing. Something is definitely up cause the only other explanation I have is that I've somehow developed a tolerance. I hopped on the train a little late, I think I've been drinking for 8-9 months now? Either way it was after kava prices apparently sky rocketed. I've experienced what it can do with many bags though same amounts I always used, same layer of goodness every time that settles to the bottom, so some are still good but you gotta get lucky I guess with a piece of that root that was really loaded with kavalactones. It's become like gambling and my peace of mind can't afford that. I'm probably gonna put it down for a while and come back later to see if anything improves in the market. I'd hate to entirely give it up, I love kava but this is just unacceptable.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Tried even kneading and getting more sediment out of it till it was like mud, still same thing. Something is definitely up cause the only other explanation I have is that I've somehow developed a tolerance. I hopped on the train a little late, I think I've been drinking for 8-9 months now? Either way it was after kava prices apparently sky rocketed. I've experienced what it can do with many bags though same amounts I always used, same layer of goodness every time that settles to the bottom, so some are still good but you gotta get lucky I guess with a piece of that root that was really loaded with kavalactones. It's become like gambling and my peace of mind can't afford that. I'm probably gonna put it down for a while and come back later to see if anything improves in the market. I'd hate to entirely give it up, I love kava but this is just unacceptable.
The overall trend in the market has been going down for a couple of years now so I'm not sure if waiting it out and coming back is the best strategy. I've gotten better results just sticking with a few vendors that consistently put out the higher quality products rather than going with the hype or based on old reviews that reflect quality of products from the past.

I'm a first time user looking to buy some kava that is as you all have said, the right quality.

KWK was obviously one of the first vendors I came across and now after doing research I see you all have some concerns.

This is from only 1-2 months ago, but is it still valid? Can you recommend a few current vendors that retain the same quality?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm a first time user looking to buy some kava that is as you all have said, the right quality.

KWK was obviously one of the first vendors I came across and now after doing research I see you all have some concerns.

This is from only 1-2 months ago, but is it still valid? Can you recommend a few current vendors that retain the same quality?
Not attempting to dispute anyone's words, but I've been buying kalm with kava (Borongoru specifically) in 10 lb increments for the last year or so, and while some batches are weaker than others, the borongoru has trended up in terms of strength over the last year. In terms of physical quality of the product, you won't go wrong with KWK. Strength and quality are two characteristics that may or may not be mutually exclusive depending on the consumer and the kava. I've had strong kavas (totally noble) that I absolutely cannot stand. I've also had weak kavas (also still speaking within the "noble sphere") that I loved and would buy over and over.

When it all boils down, if first starting off with kava, it's best to get sample packs from vendors to see which one sings your song.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster

I just had a new batch of Boronguru a few days back and it was really strong. Their Pouni Ono was really good, too.

Thank you both! I ended up ordering some of the samples from KWK to see if Kava would be something I was interested in aside from the green powdered plant. I certainly do agree it looks to be of high quality and the packaging is fantastic.

AlohaAimee

Kava Enthusiast

Pouni Ono is excellent. One of my favorite kavas so far. I really enjoy KWK's offerings that I've tried so far. I keep their medium grind and micronized on hand at all times.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I just had a new batch of Boronguru a few days back and it was really strong. Their Pouni Ono was really good, too.
What other product (recent batch) would you (or @Kapmcrunk) compare the current Borongoru to? It's been a few years since I've felt it to be really strong. I wonder if @Kalm with Kava can say what the lateral root to stump ratio is in the current blend? I would love for this to be a daily drinker but I've tried it so many times and needed to blend it with something stronger that I gave up on it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
What other product (recent batch) would you (or @Kapmcrunk) compare the current Borongoru to? It's been a few years since I've felt it to be really strong. I wonder if @Kalm with Kava can say what the lateral root to stump ratio is in the current blend? I would love for this to be a daily drinker but I've tried it so many times and needed to blend it with something stronger that I gave up on it.
I just yesterday opened the most recent batch that I received last week. Let me get another couple of days of the new grind under my belt and I'll let you know about this batch. From last night's prep it looked a bit more coarse than the last batch, but based on what I've had in the past, that may or may not indicate strength.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster
This might be heresy saying such things around these parts, but I've actually been in a bit of a kava slump the past 6 months or so. I haven't been drinking much these days aside from a few random batches of kava that have been really terrible. All I know is that it did the trick, and I'm certainly not a lightweight when it comes to feeling effects. If you get some, definitely report back on how you find it.

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
How the latest parties fall out

It is still very weak. Is it still a strong Kava? And only for a moment were the parties weak?

How in Borongor's confrontation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.