What's new

Recommendations for heady kava's?

Ellviis

Kava Curious
Samoa Ava from KWK. Not the strongest pure heady, but the smoothest I’ve had. I can take it in the morning, and not feel sleepy one bit during the day. Helps to set the day’s mood

fueledbykava

Kava enthusiast
I don't find Pouni Ono to be as heady as it used to be. Mo'i for sure, probably the best. Lawenas lean heady too.
Interesting! Yesterday was actually my first experience with Pouni Ono and it had me headier feeling than I can recall feeling for a while now. I wonder if it's just because it was my first time with this particular variety, or because the KL distribution/ratio/percentage is different than my last batch of Moi. I used 70g of the medium grind and 1 quart of ~110°F water and kneaded for ~10 minutes like I've been doing with Moi as well. For me, it was a very vibrant euphoric feeling. The other difference I noticed was that the Moi seems to have some of those late-set KLs that hit 15-20 mins after ingestion which make me feel more sedated and able to slip into a nice sleep, which I definitely do enjoy. I didn't feel that so much with the Pouni Ono, just gently trailed off leaving me where I began before sipping on it, though perhaps more relaxed and content feeling.

Also, agreed on the Lawenas. Those were some of the earliest types that I really fell in love with, I just found them to be costlier due to the generally lower KL content compared to some other heady strains, but they're nice for sure. Usually light and smooth tasting too.