What's new

Recommendations?

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I love buying from the people who clearly care about the kava community, so I definitely want to buy from Paradise Kava (though probably not for a couple months).
I like strong kavas because I'm a bit thick-headed, but otherwise I'm really just interested in trying out something different. So far I've been a big fan of Stone and Fu'u, but not so thrilled with the batch of Van3 that I had or the Mahakea from HKC.
Suggestions?

Nihilist

Kava Enthusiast
I was going to order some extract from them but then I looked on their Facebook and saw the awesome process it takes to make their kava so I decided to order some powder. I ordered the "Hawaiian Grown Kava Powder" since I haven't really gotten to try a good kavain strain of kava. I also picked up a Fijian strainer from kickbackwithkava since the one I have now is pretty raggy.

I've heard a lot of good about their Papua New Guinea ISA but I drink a lot of DHM kava already.

Edit: Their Premium Fijian looks like a steal right now. $49 for a pound.

kl.ComfortablyNumb

Kava Curious
I also love strong kavas. I'm very partial to the wild, piney & spicey types of Kava myelf--Hawai'ian Isa, Hiwa, Mahakea, PNG & Solomon.
Yep, and Stone is great too...I like Nakamal's very potent PNG Chief's Jungle the best! It is something else.   

I'd suggest Nakamal's potent Vanuatu WOW! Very potent & could floor you, as they say! LOL. And any popular Vanuatu variety.
I think Solomon’s Island variety might be a good alternative to PNG CHief's Jungle. Solomon's  chemotype is close to Chief’s Jungle ). Chief’s Jungle probably has more DHK/DHM because there is that tudei/ nausea effect. I think Solomon’s has something that either minimizes that or has a different predominant kavalactone combo.
My favorites:
-PNG
-Solomon
-Isa
-Hiwa
-Mahakea
Good luck, Ed. :)

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Aloha!

Try the Fijian or if you REALLY want to, the ISA.

Can't say enough great things about the new batch. Save the Hawaiian stuff for another time and just Grab a small bag of the Fijian and give it a test drive.

A.G