What's new

Record

What is the most kava (in grams) that you have ever consumed in one day?

• <= 20 g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30 g

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-40 g

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 40-50 g

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • > 50 g

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Not sure how much I consumed exactly, but I once spent $80 at a kava bar in a span of a few hrs. Could have gotten the same effect for $20 at home but of course you are also paying for the atmosphere and comeraderie.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Blender every time.
I have never yet still done tradidional prep myself Edward. My 3 alternated methids are Aluball, Strainer bag in jar shake, which is somehow noticeably more Potent effect wise than using the aluball.

One particular feature of shaking the tied strainer bag in a jar or Allubottle, you can get a second wash virtually as thick as the first one one and also a worthwhile third wash whereas with the balls the second wash by itself is virtually worthless so I always do two washes together and combine them to equalise things.

Otherwise I have used the blender method many times I always had a teaspoon of sunflower lecithin and soak everything in fairly hottish water for a while before blending and straining.

However using the sunflower lecithin powder in the blender method I am certain emulsifies the mixture and contributes to a Greater level of potency, but because of the emulsification effect it is incredibly difficult to actually fully strain the liquid through the straining bag.

Unlike the jar shaking method which is easy as pie to quickly, and fully strain the same strainer bag, load and lecithjn, no effort.

But I definitely feel personally that there is a subjective difference in the effects of these three particular methods with the bag in a jaw shaking method being the heaviest and most knockout and the blender method seeming the most enjoyable and full-bodied.

Aluballs are still effective enoigh and so easy to use.

Hope you still well Edward. Sorry I didn't reply to your previous comment to me asking basically how things were at the time.

Last edited:

gdm

Kava Curious
I have never yet still done tradidional prep myself Edward. My 3 alternated methids are Aluball, Strainer bag in jar shake, which is somehow noticeably more Potent effect wise than using the aluball.

One particular feature of shaking the tied strainer bag in a jar or Allubottle, you can get a second wash virtually as thick as the first one one and also a worthwhile third wash where as with the balls the second wash by itself is virtually worthless so I always do two washer together and combine them to equalise things.

Otherwise I have used the blender method many times I always had a teaspoon of sunflower lecithin and soak everything in fairly hottest water for a while before blending and straining.

However using the sunflower lecithin powder in the blender method I am certain emulsifies the mixture and contributes to a Greater level of potency, because of the multiplication effect it is incredibly difficult to actually fully strain the liquid through the straining bag.

Unlike the jar shaking method which is easy as pie to quickly, and fully strain the same strainer bag, load and lecithjn, no effort.

But I definitely feel personally that there is a subjective difference in the effects of these three particular methods with the bag in a jaw shaking method being the heaviest and most knockout and the blender method seeming the most enjoyable and full-bodied.

Aluballs are still effective ENOUGH and so easy to use.

Hooe you still well Edward. Sorry I didn't reply to your previous comment to me asking basically how things were at the time.
AlexisReal. what exactly are the potentiates that you use?

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
AlexisReal. what exactly are the potentiates that you use?
I am trying not to be blasphe and descriptive, but a very popular medicinal herbal plant in edible form, a type of benzodiazepine, and a notorious hallucinogenic substance created by a man named Albert, plus raw organic garlic, all seem to substantially increase the potency of kava's effects on me.

Stephanie12

Herbalist

One particular feature of shaking the tied strainer bag in a jar or Allubottle, you can get a second wash virtually as thick as the first one one and also a worthwhile third wash whereas with the balls the second wash by itself is virtually worthless so I always do two washes together and combine them to equalise things.

Otherwise I have used the blender method many times I always had a teaspoon of sunflower lecithin and soak everything in fairly hottish water for a while before blending and straining.

However using the sunflower lecithin powder in the blender method I am certain emulsifies the mixture and contributes to a Greater level of potency, but because of the emulsification effect it is incredibly difficult to actually fully strain the liquid through the straining bag.

Aluballs are still effective enoigh and so easy to use.

Hope you still well Edward. Sorry I didn't reply to your previous comment to me asking basically how things were at the time.
What do you tie the strainer bag to, if you don't mind me asking?