What's new

Rectal Administration of Kava

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Hs anyone tried this? I know there is one negative report online, but one has to wonder if it ould have turned out negative had he used an water extraction of Kava.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hs anyone tried this? I know there is one negative report online, but one has to wonder if it ould have turned out negative had he used an water extraction of Kava.
Hum why would you want to administer kava that way? I don't know about you but I prefer that things not go up that way unless medically necessary.
As for your question, I obviously have no experience in that department; I did a search and found this other thread;
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/kava-enema.745/#post-8247

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Plugging is typically done with drugs that require very small amounts to be effective.
Butt-chugging a whole batch of kava would be ridiculous, so the only reasonable (if that word even has any business in this thread at all) form of kava to administer rectally would be a proper extract...and at the point that you have an extract, you may as well just consume it orally, since it already circumvents the need to drink a large particle filled volume.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Plugging is typically done with drugs that require very small amounts to be effective.
Butt-chugging a whole batch of kava would be ridiculous, so the only reasonable (if that word even has any business in this thread at all) form of kava to administer rectally would be a proper extract...and at the point that you have an extract, you may as well just consume it orally, since it already circumvents the need to drink a large particle filled volume.
I could see the extract being used as a creme to numb hemorrhoids with your ass floating in a bucket of kava to counter the effects of gravity.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Plugging is typically done with drugs that require very small amounts to be effective....
I didn't realize there was a word for it, but Urban Dictionary (and the dictionary of Coal Country slang, according to @Squanch72 ) sez:

"Plugging
A very effective way of doing most drugs. Basically, you stick it up your butt.
There's a stigma against it because a lot of people are scared of their own rectums."

I know I'm terrified of my asshole. That thing has teeth!

But I should reiterate, as far as kava goes, this is a very very bad idea.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I didn't realize there was a word for it, but Urban Dictionary (and the dictionary of Coal Country slang, according to @Squanch72 ) sez:

"Plugging
A very effective way of doing most drugs. Basically, you stick it up your butt.
There's a stigma against it because a lot of people are scared of their own rectums."

I know I'm terrified of my asshole. That thing has teeth!

But I should reiterate, as far as kava goes, this is a very very bad idea.
It's where I lost Charlie (my pet Gerbil and friend) :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
I guess I should elaborate on why I think this such a bad idea. Seriously.
Kava is a natural product from a plant. Your stomach contains powerful acid. One of the primary purposes of stomach acid is "to sterilize food before it enters the GI tract." In other words, it destroys potentially harmful bacteria before your body can absorb them. If you stick kava up your butt, you are bypassing this sterilization step of digestion, so everything in the root could be directly absorbed. This might include harmful bacteria, or God knows what. Even in the case of kava extract, extract is not designed for rectal administration, and is not subject to the stringent tests that pharmaceuticals designed for rectal administration are, so could contain stuff you don't want your body to directly absorb.
Even with drugs designed for rectal administration (which do have legitimate uses for cancer patients, and others who have trouble keeping their oral meds down), there can be irritation and ulceration:
"Local irritation is increasingly being acknowledged as a possible complication of rectal drug therapy. Long term medication with rectal ergotamine and acetylsalicylic acid, for example, may result in rectal ulceration, and irritation after a single administration of several drugs and formulations has been described." (Source)

Last edited:

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
@MudMonkey
Thanks for the thread :)

@verticity
If you stick kava up your butt, you are bypassing this sterilization step of digestion, so everything in the root could be directly absorbed.
Good point, but bypassing digestion could also help potency.
The big unknown is - re there compounds that normally get destroyed by stomach acids, which would be absorbed rectally and pose a danger ?

I think it's good to talk about these things for risk assesment purposes and i believe this forum is mature enough to talk about it in a sensible manner ::indeedsir::

verticity

I'm interested in things
Good point, but bypassing digestion could also help potency.
The big unknown is - re there compounds that normally get destroyed by stomach acids, which would be absorbed rectally and pose a danger ?
It might help potency. But, on the other hand, in the case of kava, kavalactones are soluble in gastric juices, so going through the stomach might actually be an important step for making them bioavailable.

The things that normally get destroyed by stomach acid are bacteria. If the kava is well washed, that might not be a problem, but if not, you could be directly absorbing all kinds of foreign life forms (bacteria) that would normally be killed in the stomach. It would be playing Anal Roulette, if you will.

I think it's good to talk about these things for risk assesment purposes and i believe this forum is mature enough to talk about it in a sensible manner ::indeedsir::
Yes, we are very mature here when it comes to talking about buttholes. :ROFLMAO: