What's new

Red itchy rash

kavakrazy

Hi everyone, I have found a few old threads on this topic but nothing definitive. I'm hoping y'all can give me some clue as to what's going on.

I started drinking kava 2-3 weeks ago with the Wakacon kava from Amazon that is prepared by mixing it and then straining it. I didn't have any issues with this and really enjoyed it.

About a week ago I got some micronized kava from a recommended reputable vendor and over the course of a few days polished off the small bottle. Again, no issues.

Yesterday I got yet another small bottle of micronized kava from the same vender as before but this time it was a different strain. This morning I woke up with a raised red rash like hives covering my upper arms and torso. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible that it was just the specific kava strain I drank or is it that this stuff has built up in my system over a couple weeks? Or is it something else like a bad batch?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi everyone, I have found a few old threads on this topic but nothing definitive. I'm hoping y'all can give me some clue as to what's going on.

I started drinking kava 2-3 weeks ago with the Wakacon kava from Amazon that is prepared by mixing it and then straining it. I didn't have any issues with this and really enjoyed it.

About a week ago I got some micronized kava from a recommended reputable vendor and over the course of a few days polished off the small bottle. Again, no issues.

Yesterday I got yet another small bottle of micronized kava from the same vender as before but this time it was a different strain. This morning I woke up with a raised red rash like hives covering my upper arms and torso. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible that it was just the specific kava strain I drank or is it that this stuff has built up in my system over a couple weeks? Or is it something else like a bad batch?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Specific variety, or origin. I'd skip the micronized all together, as I see this being far more commonly seen with consumers of the micronized type.