What's new

Reflux and kava

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Have anyone experienced reflux in connection with kava consumption?
I've been through some really heavy acid reflux periods in my life all the while drinking kava. Turns out it was independent of the kava consumption. My diet consisted of sugary soft-drinks, and once I cut that source I found relief and so far haven't had any real heartburn issues to speak of.

I can't say I've never experienced heartburn or acidreflux from drinking kava. If you consume any liquid fast enough you run the risk of giving yourself a bit of indigestion, so I can see how it would be possible to do this while drinking kava if you're drinking it fast enough.

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
I have reflux issues daily but drinking kava hasn't bettered or worsened it, if you're having problems try an OTC or Rx med to control it

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
No. I had severe acid reflux from alcohol consumption. When I switched to Kava, it's basically non-existent for me. And I HAVE digestive issues from a 25 year eating disorder that damaged my vagus nerve. It has not worsened those issues.

Piperm

Kava Curious
I have had some pain where the gallbladder is that was just caused by acid reflux. I had it on and off for years. Sometimes just concentrating on burping, brings out the gas that causes the pain in that weird area and the acid can be neutralized with a simple supplement like Tums. I am not sure who else has what I have...blood tests to Xrays and everything normal, just a weird acid reflux. Kava doesnt necessarily help it, but I havent stopped drinking kava and it didnt make it worse.