What's new

Relative reliability of the 'effect' ratings in 'product reference' sidebar?

Enwoueï

Kava Curious
Bonjour all,

keeping in mind individual reactions to different 'awa/kava strains, how generally reliable are the 'mind/balanced/body' ratings found in the 'product reference' sidebar/table?

Maybe my question should, more precisely, be: 'Are the 'effect' ratings compiled from forum-members' individual reviews'?

Thanks in advance for your informed input!

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
All ratings in the sidebar are an aggregate average of every review submitted by the members here.

So it accurately reports what people provide in their reviews.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Like Headgie says they are an average of members' reports. But keep in mind that there are a lot of things that can change. The effects of a particular strain/brand of kava can vary with different batches. There is some natural variability, and in some cases what is sold might be a blend of different strains in varying proportions. Also, people have different reactions to kava based on factors like biology and previous experience. This variability in individual reactions seems to be more pronounced with kava than with other things that people react to... So the ratings here ought to be roughly accurate, on average. But your mileage can and likely will vary.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
For example my wifu can drink Kava and it knocks her out and she will sleep like a baby. I avoid kava in the evening as it causes me sleep issues. In fact I will mix a small amount of Kava (a kava kandy usually) with my morning cold brew coffee for an even more pick me up. This will be out of the same batch of Kava.