What's new

Replacement for Hanakapi Ai

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Can anyone recommend a kava that compares to hanakapi ai? I'm not too hopeful:shifty:
Hanakapi ai and mahakea 2:1 was one of the best kava experiences I've ever had

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Can anyone recommend a kava that compares to hanakapi ai? I'm not too hopeful:shifty:
Hanakapi ai and mahakea 2:1 was one of the best kava experiences I've ever had
I'm not sure what to make of Hanakapi'ai, myself. I worked my way through a 1/2 pound bag, first making all-Hanakapi'ai brews, then mixing it with other things.

It didn't stand out in any particular way for me. What's the effect you're going for, Piper?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'd say Mahakea would be pretty close...and available.
Mixing Borongoru with Boroguru might do it...
It fits that Steve didn't feel that it stood out much, cuz he has the same lackluster experience with Mahakea.
His body doesn't seem to be very receptive to these types.:meh:;)

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I'd say Mahakea would be pretty close...and available.
Mixing Borongoru with Boroguru might do it...
It fits that Steve didn't feel that it stood out much, cuz he has the same lackluster experience with Mahakea.
His body doesn't seem to be very receptive to these types.:meh:;)
It's true. The kavalactones in Mahakea and Hanakapi'ai seem to go right between my brain cells and pass unnoticed. Or something. Papa Kea, however, smacks into them with the force of a battering ram, which I'm discovering tonight.

blindy107

Kava Lover
It's an odd plant for sure. Some of us are just wired differently I suppose. Mahakea whips me up pretty well too. It's a wonderful all around root. I would try Boroguru and Boronguru maybe as well. Boronguru is fairly heady with a good tapering Muscle numbing effect for me. Boroguru makes me yawn immediately.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Its funny because papkea doesnt give me what I'm looking for, but it is still good kava. Hanakapi ai had an almost energetic aspect to it and was motivating. It took away the anxiety of making decisions and helped me just get to business. It was like being on euphoric autopilot.:joyful: Mahakea is similar but it doesnt give me the same motivation.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
It's true. The kavalactones in Mahakea and Hanakapi'ai seem to go right between my brain cells and pass unnoticed. Or something. Papa Kea, however, smacks into them with the force of a battering ram, which I'm discovering tonight.
Lol just got my papa kea in a couple days ago and damn that stuff creeps up on me

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Hanakapi'ai seems to fit perfectly between mo'i and mahakea, in regards to effects for me. I'm guessing a mo'i/borongoru or a mo'i/mahakea would be close. I bet the borongoru mixed with a Tongan may get you close to what you're looking for, like kavaboy

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I didn't like the tongan pride from kvaboy too much. Luckily Chris told me the hanakapi ai will be harvested soonish.