What's new

Rolling For Initiative (Kava Order when mixing it up throughout a session)

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
So maybe someone can help explain this to me. I recently got the Tonga from Kavafied and found that it was more anxiety inducing than anything. I mean balls to the wall uncomfortable. At least, it was if it was the first Kava I consumed. Not wanting to have it go to waste, I tried having it second. Once behind Borogu and once behind Stone. Both times the near jittery discomfort was gone and I rather enjoyed it. Why is this?
Also, I noticed that the empty stomach feeling seemed to be more prominent when I had it first.

Lookin forward to your answers and theories if you ladies and gents have any to throw at me :)

-Fushi

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Damn, nothing? I was hoping to get an answer on this one lol I guess I'll just chalk it up to being a mystery

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
So maybe someone can help explain this to me. I recently got the Tonga from Kavafied and found that it was more anxiety inducing than anything. I mean balls to the wall uncomfortable. At least, it was if it was the first Kava I consumed. Not wanting to have it go to waste, I tried having it second. Once behind Borogu and once behind Stone. Both times the near jittery discomfort was gone and I rather enjoyed it. Why is this?
Also, I noticed that the empty stomach feeling seemed to be more prominent when I had it first.

Lookin forward to your answers and theories if you ladies and gents have any to throw at me :)

-Fushi

I can't answer your question as to "why"
But I have had the Kavafied Tonga, and had no such issues.
BTW, what do you mean by Stone ? Is that a vendor name ?

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor

-Fushi

This could happen when the Kava is a lot stronger than what your use to & also the amount of that Kava your consuming.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I've found that i don't really like heady kavas because they can make me feel anxious so i've found if i mix in fresh heady kava with my frozen makas of balanced / heavy it balances it all out to some extent. Might be another way to use up that tongan.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

-Fushi
I don't drink a lot of outright heady kava because I find it too uppy and what goes up must come down. I drank a lot of M'oi one time and actually had a comedown effect like coming down off speed. (although I'm sure it could have happened with any heady kava).

@Aceofwands9 has touched on a solution but my theory for why you don't feel bad when you drink it second is because with the other kavas you're getting a less uppy blend of KL's into your system including a lot more DHK and DHM, the heavy KL's. Once they are in your system then drinking the Tongan will just be topping up all KL's but as you've got a good amount of DHK/DHM in your system and possibly not too much kavain in the first kava then you're not going to notice a massive headiness even when drinking an outright heady kava. It will probably balance out the effects a bit but not much more than that unless you keep drinking it.

So you can either do what you are doing and drink the Tongan second or just mix the kavas together until you run out of Tongan. Stone and the Tongan would probably be the better mix as that's a lot heavier. Most Borogus are quite balanced already so adding the Tongan too it might push you into uppy territory.

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
I don't drink a lot of outright heady kava because I find it too uppy and what goes up must come down. I drank a lot of M'oi one time and actually had a comedown effect like coming down off speed. (although I'm sure it could have happened with any heady kava).

@Aceofwands9 has touched on a solution but my theory for why you don't feel bad when you drink it second is because with the other kavas you're getting a less uppy blend of KL's into your system including a lot more DHK and DHM, the heavy KL's. Once they are in your system then drinking the Tongan will just be topping up all KL's but as you've got a good amount of DHK/DHM in your system and possibly not too much kavain in the first kava then you're not going to notice a massive headiness even when drinking an outright heady kava. It will probably balance out the effects a bit but not much more than that unless you keep drinking it.

So you can either do what you are doing and drink the Tongan second or just mix the kavas together until you run out of Tongan. Stone and the Tongan would probably be the better mix as that's a lot heavier. Most Borogus are quite balanced already so adding the Tongan too it might push you into uppy territory.
Thank you :)

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
I've found that i don't really like heady kavas because they can make me feel anxious so i've found if i mix in fresh heady kava with my frozen makas of balanced / heavy it balances it all out to some extent. Might be another way to use up that tongan.
Same here. The anxious feeling is what I'm trying to avoid and it creeps in with the hella heady.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
For me the heady kavas just give that buzzy physical anxiety in the limbs feeling. My mind is a calm ocean while my body feels like crashing waves. Not too bad, during the day.

Valyn

Kava Curious

-Fushi
Sorry this is a year later but I definitely get the same feeling with Tonga, but it got better when I reduced my dosage a little bit and spread out my shells. I had a funny story when I started Kava and right around my reverse tolerance broke through I consumed about a cup of powder in one shell and thought I was having a panic attack or needing to go to the ER. I had no clue about proper dosing, and thought it was similar to Chamomile tea.

Though I do think if you're getting this sensation with 1 or 2 tablespoons per shell that you should definitely switch to a different kind.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
For me the heady kavas just give that buzzy physical anxiety in the limbs feeling
I do not associate this feeling with anxiety at all!

I had no clue about proper dosing, and thought it was similar to Chamomile tea.
Yea, you do not panic bc of Kava but a mismatch of expectations and being unsure if what you are feeling is "right" if theres any reason for concern. I get that a heady kava can feel uncomfortable if you hit a certain threshhold but its nothing laying down for 20 minutes can't cure. Personally, it does not make me anxious at all, just uncomfortable. I do have issues with anxiety in life like many of us though.