What's new

Ruben Wiki on kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
"You’re the Samoan/Maori who’s linked to a Fijian drink. How did that come about?

It goes way back to the 1994 grand final, when we won the championship with the Canberra Raiders. The second day on the drink, kava was introduced to all of us – compliments of Noa Nadruku, the flying Fijian winger. I’ve kinda been hooked since. It’s been a massive part of my longevity in the game.
Kava helped me get ready for the next week. Instead of getting on the alcohol and taking me three days to recover, this one was straight recovery.
I did some research on it. It speeds up the recovery and helps with muscle soreness. It’s anti-inflammatory, helps with bumps and bruises, and rehydrates at the same time - in moderation, of course, I don’t drink it every day. I introduced it to the Warriors and the Kiwis. Hence my nickname changing from Jake the Muss to Kava King. I like the second nickname. It suits me better.""

http://www.e-tangata.co.nz/news/the-kava-king-going-soft-not-ruben

Kavo

Curandero
@Henry Thanks mate!
That's a really good story and shows how our Cultures are driven by Alcohol fuelled Role Models and how Ruben challenged and made an impact on this issue as I read it.

Shame it never made the "Footy Show" here.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.