What's new

Safety concern

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
Hey fellas! Looking to start up a kava regimen again... Wondering if it'll be ok to take while also taking daily supplementation of caapi vine (non hallucinogenic ayahuasca)

The caapi vine is a reversible MAOI, so that's the reason I'm asking. I just didn't know if the two could be taken together and if not, then maybe I can only take kava on the days when I'm not taking caapi vine. Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey fellas! Looking to start up a kava regimen again... Wondering if it'll be ok to take while also taking daily supplementation of caapi vine (non hallucinogenic ayahuasca)

The caapi vine is a reversible MAOI, so that's the reason I'm asking. I just didn't know if the two could be taken together and if not, then maybe I can only take kava on the days when I'm not taking caapi vine. Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks.
I personally would not mix anything other than what was meant to be mixed with caapi. Harmaline is many many times more powerful than the action of kavalactones.

See Krunky’s post below.

Last edited:

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
I personally would not mix anything other than what was meant to be mixed with caapi. Harmaline is many many times more powerful than the action of kavalactones.
Damn... That really sucks. I suppose it would be alright to space them out then? Sometimes I take a week off when it comes to caapi

Jacob Bula

Nobody
Those that think kava is bitter and chalky haven't enjoyed a fine b cappi and chacruna tea :p

tarragon

Kava Curious

I drink kava pretty much every day and I have been microdosing b.caapi for about a year. I haven't noticed any ill effects.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

Perfectly safe, I used both for many months.