What's new

Savusavu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Anyone tried current batch of Savusavu? I took a leap of faith on a pound of it along with a lil kadavu for my grogging pleasure. Budget is thin right now so i am hoping it will meet my tastes. Last time i had savusavu was when KT first came to KF and i wasn't fond of it, but my taste has changed over time. Im hoping for something balanced and/or relaxing and good for anytime of day.

I miss the old beqas sanctuary. That stuff was so relaxing but still warm for the head. Nice on the stomach too. Can't find anything quite like it now.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I found this one on the acceptably potent range. Mostly heady type effects, not a muscle relaxing sleep aid. Kind of like the current squanch but a little stronger. Probably the most heady leaning KT product. I prefer it mixed with a heavyweight kava but you may like it. This was a couple months ago.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
I found this one on the acceptably potent range. Mostly heady type effects, not a muscle relaxing sleep aid. Kind of like the current squanch but a little stronger. Probably the most heady leaning KT product. I prefer it mixed with a heavyweight kava but you may like it. This was a couple months ago.
When you compare to the current squanch, are refering to a recent change in the effect of it? Does it was more heavier before? ( I mean the Squanch)

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I agreen the savusavu was pretty heady but it is squanch heady, meaning it has a mellow warm effect. Like krunk heady.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Out of curiosity, how would you compare the heady buzz of Savadu/Squanch to the Nambawan? Are they playing in the same area?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
When you compare to the current squanch, are refering to a recent change in the effect of it? Does it was more heavier before? ( I mean the Squanch)
I'm comparing Squanch from early Spring to SavuSavu of April/May (not sure if it's on a newer batch). Like most fijian Waka, I've never felt Squanch to be all that heavy. More head buzz type of effects. The Savu felt a bit more broad spectrum but not by much so I wouldn't really classify it as a heavy kava either. Neither of them work well to help me sleep so in both cases I'd have to follow up with the usual Supreme or Stone at the end of the session.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I confess to feeling almost nothing heady from Savusavu but use it as one of my strongest heavy kavas with body effects and painkilling powers. But, we are all different.....

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Out of curiosity, how would you compare the heady buzz of Savadu/Squanch to the Nambawan? Are they playing in the same area?
Nambawan and Squanch are both balanced kavas with pronounced heady and, if dose/water ratio are right, pronounced euphoria effects. OTOH, Nambawan tastes like Julianne Moore's left earlobe while Squanch tastes like New Jersey on a gray Thursday morning in late November after there's been an oil spill in the marshes near Bayonne.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I confess to feeling almost nothing heady from Savusavu but use it as one of my strongest heavy kavas with body effects and painkilling powers. But, we are all different.....
When did you buy your Savu? It could be a batch difference or differing perception due to pain type, dosing, way of consumption.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
When did you buy your Savu? It could be a batch difference or differing perception due to pain type, dosing, way of consumption.
I bought some last year at about this time and a pound brick this year around April or May. I got it for pain post-surgery so as not to use pharmaceutical painkillers. It did work for me, along with Supreme and VanuWAKA. I had the dreaded kr in reserve in case but I never needed to go that far.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I think of Savusavu as being on the headier end; First batch I had, last year, was one of the few that gave me clear ear-ringing. More recent batch I was more careful with and mostly used in blends, but I still wouldn't call it purely heavy.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I bought some last year at about this time and a pound brick this year around April or May. I got it for pain post-surgery so as not to use pharmaceutical painkillers. It did work for me, along with Supreme and VanuWAKA. I had the dreaded kr in reserve in case but I never needed to go that far.
Well, either way, it's good it helped you after the surgery. There are only a couple of fijian kava that I can think of off hand that have felt heavy to me.. KT kadavu (latest batch less so), the dokobana vula and some old batches of KWK Loa Waka/Vula Waka. Due to my sleep issues, I don't buy much fijian and usually end up mixing them with heavy a Vanuatu. Though, I have found fijian waka to have some anti-inflammatory action, it's still really weak compared herbs like cannabis and K@. The muscle relaxation and distraction from pain are really where kava has helped for me in the area of pain management.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Well, either way, it's good it helped you after the surgery. There are only a couple of fijian kava that I can think of off hand that have felt heavy to me.. KT kadavu (latest batch less so), the dokobana vula and some old batches of KWK Loa Waka/Vula Waka. Due to my sleep issues, I don't buy much fijian and usually end up mixing them with heavy a Vanuatu. Though, I have found fijian waka to have some anti-inflammatory action, it's still really weak compared herbs like cannabis and K@. The muscle relaxation and distraction from pain are really where kava has helped for me in the area of pain management.
Yeah, there's very few heavy Fijian kavas, now that you mention it. I don't think it goes along with the style of drinking there maybe (small frequent weak shells vs evening strong ones). IAE the only ones I know so far are from Kava Time, not that all their kavas are heavy, but they are all good. I've had as many KT kavas as I could and whether they were up my particular alley of the moment or not they were all really excellent kavas, and beautifully processed and packaged. Quite the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.