What's new

Scientific study on reverse tolerance?

Pauli

Kava Curious
Do you know scientific studies showing how reverse tolerance works in the brain?
thanks

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I swear I don't have an answer to everything, just these specific questions, lol. You just happen to ask the perfect questions :)

There is likely a number of different effects that seem to emerge around the 2-4 week mark. Same with any MAO-B inhibition activities.

Pauli

Kava Curious
So when increased acetylcholine causes the reverse tolerance, so might acetylcholine increasing herbs when consumed with Kava too. Anyone tried Nepal Honey with Kava?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So when increased acetylcholine causes the reverse tolerance, so might acetylcholine increasing herbs when consumed with Kava too. Anyone tried Nepal Honey with Kava?
I have to give that a big "Maybe". This is but one theory of many as to where this further increase in effects may be from. It's likely just one of several functions causing kava to seem a bit more active after a time period of consumption.

Maria Daniel

Kava Curious
I swear I don't have an answer to everything, just these specific questions, lol. You just happen to ask the perfect questions :)

There is likely a number of different effects that seem to emerge around the 2-4 week mark. Same with any MAO-B inhibition activities.
So can one assume, then, that boosting acetylcholine with racetams would speed up this reverse tolerance thing?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
And the same question but with acetylcholinesterase inhibitors like Huperzine A
Hey Maria. Sorry it took so long for me to see these. I believe we're still too much on the cusp of understanding of reverse tolerance in regards to kava for us to start applying other compounds with the thought of speeding up the process. Reverse tolerance, from what I can see, is likely a complex process of many different types of effects coming online at the same time. From acetylcholine, to MAO-B inhibition, to even some CB1 agonism by yangonin, it's a symphony of effects.