What's new

Shaker Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I just wanted to make a suggestion about the design of the shaker bottle. I notice it has volume markings in milliliters on the side of it: 100, 200, etc mL, which is great. But now I'm afraid I might come across as kind of an arrogant American here, but I'm guessing the majority of your customers are in the US. The thing is most people here kind of theoretically know what milliliters are, but in general do not use them day-to-day, so don't really have a good intuitive grasp of how much volume, say, 500 mL actually represents. I would suggest also adding volume markers for cups (U.S.) Most measuring cups here have both Metric and US measures marked, but I think people generally ignore the Metric. Since the shaker has three "slots" in the side, you could use one of the other slots for U.S. cups/ half cups/ quarter cups, and possibly fluid ounces. Of course I would keep the mL markings for non-US customers.

verticity

I'm interested in things
.. or just mark a point with a marker pen saying "enough water!"? ;)
Yeah, going down to fluid ounces or half cups is probably not necessary. But just marking the cups, so there would be three lines: 1, 2 or 3 cups would be helpful. Most Americans are probably not intuitively aware that 500 mL is about 2 cups.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Yeah, going down to fluid ounces or half cups is probably not necessary. But just marking the cups, so there would be three lines: 1, 2 or 3 cups would be helpful. Most Americans are probably not intuitively aware that 500 mL is about 2 cups.
Thanks for all of the feedback. We will take all of this into account when we design our own AluBottle. The one we offer now isn't made by us.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
I'm guessing the majority of your customers are in the US.
Considering they don't ship to most countries, that would be a fair guess.

I don't see why they don't ship to more countries though. Kava suppliers, who have far more to worry about than shaker bottle suppliers, usually ship to way more countries than Kavafied. I don't get it.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
We can ship the AluBall to all countries. Kava not so mucch
Considering they don't ship to most countries, that would be a fair guess.

I don't see why they don't ship to more countries though. Kava suppliers, who have far more to worry about than shaker bottle suppliers, usually ship to way more countries than Kavafied. I don't get it.

verticity

I'm interested in things
We can ship the AluBall to all countries. Kava not so mucch
Maybe you should make that fact more easily visible on your web site. I don't see any information about which countries you ship to there on quick perusal.

Status
Not open for further replies.