What's new

Shamans Instant Kava

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I just got a sample pack (10 grams) of Shaman Kava , I was wondering what effects I could anticipate and weather to drink the single dose 5g or the full 10g pouch ? I was thinking about taking it before going to my wife's Work Party to ease the social anxiety I get. so, take the whole thing, or half, and is it a good Kava for socialization? (i dont want to be passed out in the corner drooling or something! ) :p

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I took half of the Shaman Kava with a fair bit of 84% paste tonight Feeling nice :) -- as for the taste it was like mud.. yuck! but the nice numbing makes it a breeze to go down! I need more KAva!!! :D

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
at first, you won't like the taste of Kava.. after you drink it for about six months, you'll begin to know how to appreciate it. There are some Kavas that I would drink just for the taste, believe it or not. Tongan, Pacific Kava, Malekula Magic, and the two Hawaiian Kava Center Kavas I have tried are just wonderful tasting. Also, Shaman ain't bad either ;-)

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
ya, shaman and apple juice is pretty easy to get down. The only problem I have is when I mix it with cold juice, it's hard to get it to dissolve. I tried heating the apple juice, big mistake, warm juice and kava make it taste like vomit. Room temp juice is the way to go.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
"warm juice and kava make it taste like vomit" - Lol yikes!!

the taste was not bad, didnt really have much of a taste its more the texture , at any rate I ordered another 10g sample of the Shaman :)

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
I had 10grams (one sample pack) of shaman last night, made it into 3 bowls. Drank it all within an hour. the effects where more mild then when I had mixed with the paste. How many grams dose one need to get Krunk?

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know if I every was 'krunk'. What is krunk? I always thought it was when you couldn't walk. To me I drink a lot of kava and only experience the 'holy crap I have no balance' a few times, oddly I can not repeat it, even if I use the same batch and number of shells. BTW all those times were with Stone kava. But sometimes stone kicks my but with nausea at the tail end of the session.

If I was you, try stone, 1 cup root with 2.5 cups water add some vegetable oil (1 tsp?), make sure you haven't eaten a meal in the last 5-6 hours and avoid caffeine on that day.

in your preperation, squeeze hard for 10 mins and strain 3-4x, the fiber causes me to have nausea.

Drink 4oz every 10 mins after a few of those 4ozs drink some warm water, you should feel something.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
rcoz: I belive (though could easily be wrong) that Krunk is (K)ava d(runk).

I was curious why would you add Vegetable oil? I know Kavalactones are fat soluable but that sounds ... gross :), lol.. Will the Soy Lecithin do the job instead of vegetable oil?

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
actually I use coconut oil but have used veg oil, I donno, I really didn't taste it and I used maybe 1/2 tsp with 1 tsp soy lecithin. The oil taste didn't come through.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
hm interesting, and you defiantly notice a difference using oil over not? seems like it would just separate form the kava concoction and float on the top or something :p

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
it's really not that much oil. I don't see globs of oil on the top. Does it make a difference? I don't think I have ever made it without some sort of oil. On the other hand sometimes i do omit the soy and I don't notice a difference but I also think soy helps it go down smoother. The soy is cheap, a few dollars worth will last months.

It's something like 1/2 to 1 tsp spread over 3 cups water.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
hm, you should try it without oil sometime and see what happens :) , yeah i bought 150g of the Soy Lecithin for like 4$ or something

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
If you're going to be a dedicated kava drinker, I advise going to your local health store and looking for the Lecithin from Lewis Labs. For one, it's cheaper since it's a bulk package. For two, it's pineapple and coconut flavored (natural flavors). I usually don't mix any oils with instant kavas, though. I might try adding some to straight bacon grease somewhere down the line, though. That could prove interesting.