What's new

Short robust documents proving Kava’s safety + its safety being used with Cannabis Hemp oil Tincture

Luelma

Kava Curious
Does anyone have any short, robust documentation they can share with me to show to my carer proving that the “‘science’ used to make kava illegal was bad science and the wrong parts of the plants, wrong extraction techniques were used to bring the world to that decision.

I’m in the U.K. but I know it’s legal in the US, and New Zealand and of course the pacific island countries that grow it - not sure where else it’s legal and due to being so severely ill I’m unable to research.

My verbal memorised testimonials are not sufficient to convince my carer that kava is not dangerous.

She is also concerned that I’m mixing kava with (Lazarus Naturals cannabinoid sleep tincture which has no THC, and at 3.25mls nightly means I’m getting 32mls of CBN which is the critical synergistic ingredient to help me get any sleep. https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/products/all-products/sleep-cbd-oil-tincture#205=5493

I’ve been 24/7 bedridden for 8 years and mostly bedridden (housebound ) since 2008. The biggest barrier to my recovery from a very severe multi-systemic illness, is severe sleep deprivation and insomnia.

Due to profound digestive problems and a flipped circadian rhythm, I can’t take Kava as a tea, or oil, and have settled on kava suppositories (made with organic beef tallow as the base - prepared with this heated to liquid and blended at high speed with a smidegon of organic sunflower lecithin added ) My carer makes them as I’m far too ill to do myself.

But she’s got scared I’m harming myself and is refusing to make any more. I am utterly stymied and have no chance or recovering from a life with sub-zero quality without these suppositories being made (and taken with a CBN oil.)

I use Borogoru single blend powder and my carer makes up suppositories. I need about 17-20g nightly and it only works when taken with a Cannabis hemp oil containing CBN. Neither work on their own. The latter I take sublingually but I cannot tolerate kava oils orally as I need so much.
The suppositories are very big so I do appreciate the need to make cut them up for safety.
Any robust science and data on the safety of kava and of taking with the Cannabinoid oil would be appreciated beyond measure

Attachments

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Does anyone have any short, robust documentation they can share with me to show to my carer proving that the “‘science’ used to make kava illegal was bad science and the wrong parts of the plants, wrong extraction techniques were used to bring the world to that decision.
Your best bet is to look through the threads in the Kava research section of this website, kapmcrunk has invested countless hours compiling that information so that it is easily referenced and accessed.

Luelma

Kava Curious
Thank you so much for this.
My carer who’s been making my kava suppositories and is now refusing isn’t persuaded by anything I’ve shown her - she’s citing journal studies like this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5868963/ . She’s sent one saying it’s recent from 2018 but she didn’t give the link, though I think this article is from 2018.

She’s also fixated on its illegal status in the U.K.

I can’t find the Chemical Research In Toxicology review of the 85 studies shown in the excellent YouTube you shared. Any help with that would be amazing. But regardless thank you so much for your help and sharing this

Luelma

Kava Curious
Thank you so much for this.
My carer who’s been making my kava suppositories and is now refusing isn’t persuaded by anything I’ve shown her - she’s citing journal studies like this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5868963/

Your best bet is to look through the threads in the Kava research section of this website, kapmcrunk has invested countless hours compiling that information so that it is easily referenced and accessed.

Thank you so much for this. I’m so severely ill I find reading very hard and have just completely crashed trying to find anything I could use to persuade my carer.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Thank you so much for this. I’m so severely ill I find reading very hard and have just completely crashed trying to find anything I could use to persuade my carer.
The key in that article is contained in the quote below from the Abstract.
Preliminary studies suggest possible serious organ system effects.
I am not sure why your caretaker has this power over your will, I don't claim to understand everything and I am sure your situation is very unique, perhaps look for a caretaker that will take the time to listen to your needs or in the very least follow though on the research. The problem with that study and many others like it, is that they are outdated by about 18-20 years. There is a slew of new research that has been done since those studies.

Just about every single study found from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov is outdated. I am not sure people even take the time to read the actual research to notice the date on these studies. I bet most read the abstract and assume it must be right because it in a .gov site.

Here are the threads you need;

Be sure to have your care takers actually read the studies, these facts are based on newer research.

Szafirek

Kava Curious
She’s also fixated on its illegal status in the U.K.
Kava isn't illegal in UK. It is illegal to sell for human consumption.

About kava safety and unsubstantiated accusations:
"A recent WHO risk assessment of kava products has found that “kava has had at least a 1500-year history of relatively safe use, with liver side effects never having arisen in the ethno pharmacological data” and concludes that “clinical trials of kava have not revealed hepatotoxicty as a problem” . This has been confirmed by further studies evaluating the toxicology of kava drink. Based on available scientific information it can be inferred that kava as a traditional beverage is safe for human consumption."
https://web.archive.org/web/20181203055729/http://www.ikec.org/sites/default/files/Codex alimentarius kava_draft_0.pdf

One of Germany's highest courts has ruled that Germany's ban on products containing kava is unlawful and inappropriate.

(This is for informational purposes only, isn't medical advice and isn't meant to be used as medical advice.)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You could sack the carer and find someone who is openminded toward kava.

@Edward what do you know about this matter ?
I'd go with the above! Not sure on the dynamic with your carer though? Do they work for you or are they state provided in which case you get who you get?

I don't have any more information than is provided above in relation to it's safety when combined with other things.

Luelma

Kava Curious
You could sack the carer and find someone who is openminded toward kava.

@Edward what do you know about this matter ?
If only it were that easy. I am currently almost totally without carers and no others will make them for me. Believe me if I could find anyone to make them for me I’d have done that! I live very very rurally and finding any carers period, let alone someone willing to make a Kava suppository when kava is officially illegal (something I can’t deny and the fact it’s not illegal to own only imbibe is a moot point given I need a carer to make the suppositories I “imbibe” ), is already one of the most monumental stresses there is.