What's new

Side Effects Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishi678

Kava Curious
Hi guys :)

I know there are probably a few threads on these already but I wanted to make a new thread with a few of my own questions together in the hopes that I might have more concise answers.

Last night I drank 3 tablespoons of Micronized Nene form Gourmet Kava. I simply added the powder to a drink and drank, without straining, since I read somewhere that the micro is not meant to be strained.

There were many positive effects, mainly being when I lied down to sleep. I felt deeply content and cozy like I didn't have a worry in the world. Time seemed to go very slowly and I was enjoying my sleep and dreams all through the night and woke up feeling very relaxed and happy.

However, I did notice strong nausea in the beginning, mainly like my stomach was super full. I did over eat dinner but only a few bites extra so I was thinking that it was because I drank the miconized powder without filtering it? Could that be it? With the micronized I notice a lot more sold material is consumed than if prepared through the traditional method, where there is only a little solid material left at the end to drink.

Second question, I noticed a lot of itching during the night, which wasn't too unpleasant but again I was wondering if this is normal for most people or if some people get this more than others? Also is it possible that if I use the traditional method of preparation I could reduce this effect?

Sorry for the long post and I know some of these questions have already been answered, but I would appreciate any personal feedback from people if you feel like sharing.

Cheers!

Rishi

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Yes, that could absolutely be it. 3 tablespoons is a lot. Try it on an empty stomach, try taking some ginger or some other antiemetic along with it.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Drinking raw root material always has a chance to cause extra nausea and itching. Just happens for some folk and not for others. Just because micro, especially from GHK, is supposed to be safer doesn't mean the root material won't do what it does. There are some folks on here that cannot drink micro at all. I believe @Kapmcrunk is one of them...if memory serves.

Rishi678

Kava Curious
Ah cool... thanks for the feedback guys... shame cause the positive effects were very nice!

Tonight I'll try traditional method and compare..

D

Deleted User01

@Rishi678, I do Nene all the time with no nausea. However .... some people have complained of intestinal discomfort because their stomachs don't like fiber. Every once in a while, I might get a little itching but it is more prevalent on dry cold days so keep an eye on that. One more thing, are you spacing your shells every 20-30 minutes? Make sure you wait at least an hour before you got to bed. Just like they say, "Don't go to bed right after you eat". Give it time to digest. Let us know how you do with the Traditional prep.

Rishi678

Kava Curious
Thanks man, yeah I spaced them out.

I def noticed stomach discomfort which didn't feel healthy or good for me. Too bad cause I loved all the other effects.

I will post again here when I have a chance to compare with a traditional prep.

Rishi678

Kava Curious
yeah man that's what it felt like! Even today my bottom is a bit sore..

Will try out traditional method, hope that makes it better..

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
There was once a time when men kneaded kava and drank deeply of it until they fell asleep, their thirst sated. Classy gentlemen who had no need for instants or micronized kavas, as they knew the joy of labor made the drink that much more potent and fulfilling. Welcome to the club, pull up a couch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.