What's new

Skin Care to Prevent Dermatitis

KavaKitty

Meaow
Okay, I'm relatively new to awa, but I've done some serious damage to my skin via other things. HOWEVER... I will be 53 in June. This is a recent pic and, not to toot my own horn, I don't look anything close to my age. (The photo is unretouched)

Here's why.
First, I use Apple cider vinegar twice a week. It's like a very mild chemical peel; it removes the top layer of (mostly dead) skin, without destroying the layers beneath. Just splash some on, wait no more than 60 seconds, then wash with a mild soap and tepid water. Pat dry, then follow up with toner and moisturizer. You can also use the cider vinegar on problem areas like the hands, the backs of the arms, and, yes, your butt cheeks. I'm not even kidding. I'd post a picture of my ass, but I don't want to get kicked out. Suffice to say, it's spectacular, lol.

For toner, all you need is a bottle of witch hazel, which you can get at any drug store. It gently and naturally tightens your pores, and whisks away any dead cells that are dulling the top layer of skin. Use after every wash; simply soak a cotton ball and sweep across your face. Keep it in the fridge for an even more refreshing experience.

For moisturizing, you don't have to spend eleventy million dollars at Macy*s; the key is to find a product that contains hyluronic acid. Use this beneath your regular moisturizer twice a day. Regular moisturizer can be shea butter or olive oil, depending on your skin type (my skin tends to be oily in spots, so I use a mixture of shea butter and glycerine).

This regimen will keep your skin free of dead cells, which contribute to any kind of dermatitis. My roommate's mom makes me a soap that contains nothing but glycerine, shea butter, oatmeal (for softening) and fresh spearmint leaves (astringent). Not only is my face soft as a baby's ass, my pores are now minute, whereas they used to be so large you could dip your toes in them.

As for your body, exfoliating is a the key there as well. I use Softsoap Coconut Body Butter scrub, which contains particles of ground coconut shell, and a sea sponge. For moisturizing, I use cocoa butter. Period. Easyy peasy lemon squeezy.

This skin care regimen will definitely aid with the dermatitis everyone is talking about, as it keeps your skin fresh, toned, moisturized, and free of dead cells.

Last edited:

KavaKitty

Meaow
Also, keep in mind that skin health starts INSIDE. Keep hydrated (I drink 64 ounces of water every day), and eat a diet rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. Biotin is great for cell renewal, nor just hair and nails.

verticity

I'm interested in things
...You can also use the cider vinegar on problem areas like the hands, the backs of the arms, and, yes, your butt cheeks. I'm not even kidding. I'd post a picture of my ass, but I don't want to get kicked out. ...

... Not only is my face soft as a baby's ass, ...
But is your ass as soft as a baby's face? (No I don't need to see a picture)...

KavaKitty

Meaow
But is your ass as soft as a baby's face? (No I don't need to see a picture)...
Why yes, yes it IS, lol.

Which hyaluronic acid containing products would you recommend?
I use Neutratone; it's kind of pricey but it's a great moisturizing base, and they're almost always running specials. When I first ordered a "sample," they sent a full-sized jar for $4.99. It's not the actual product so much as the hyaluronic acid, and making sure to apply the cream immediately after washing your face, while the skin is still somewhat moist, so it's absorbed.

Edit: Fixed the spelling of Neutratone, because I don't read before I post.

Last edited: