What's new

Skipping just one dose reverts back to reverse tolerance.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I got to where I only needed about 1.5 to 2 servings of kava, and do so twice a day.
But found that if I skip an evening dose, or morning, just one skipped dose and the next time I take kava, I need more than before.
Obviously it's not an earth-shattering problem, but I'm curious if that happens to anyone else ?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I don't believe I've has that experience but if you relate the effects with the heavier kls. Like the krunk body melt this would definitely be true. As opposed to the more social euphoric effects felt at the lower end of the kava spectrum

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
It sounds more like you need to take a certain amount to get the desired results rather than the reversing of an existing tolerance. If a doctor prescribed a drug to you at 2mg morning and night and you went back and told them it doesn't work as well the days you skip doses they'd tell you it's because you aren't taking enough and not to skip doses.

As pointed out above, if you are drinking a balanced to heavy with a sufficient amount of heavy KLs the effects will last into the next day. Unlike kavain which comes on rapidly and dissipates in a short amount of time.