What's new

Slight kava effects from preparing kava

KavaJazz

Kava Curious
I've noticed something interesting. When I prepare kava, I sometimes get very mild kava-like effects. Do you think I'm getting some kavalactone absorbed through my skin, or is it merely a psychological association? Has anyone else expirienced this? Ben.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirTJerz

Error 404
I've had similar thoughts. I figure it's gotta be both, to some extent. But part of me wants to believe that a noticeable amount is getting absorbed through the hands during 15 min. of prep, at least when I think about how quickly kava can take effect - our bodies must be good at absorbing it.

D

Deleted User01

I hear ya on the bowel thing. Your stomach knows what you are preparing to drink and it does this ...:eek: That's why I sneak up on it with Micronized or instant. It doesn't have time to react. :LOL:

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Well I would not know, as I use gloves. But before I used gloves, I don't recall feeling it, as I Prepare it. Much Love, Roaddog....

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
I too have wondered about this "contact high". I do think I start to feel something if I take a big whiff (when it's nice and frothy right out of the blender..) or when I then start to strain / knead it full commando style, after I pour out into my modern tall plastic ceremonial decanter .. But how much of this is just placebo, I don't really know.

D

Deactivated Account

I would very very much doubt any kava is taking in by the skin like that. Maybe psychological possibly.