What's new

Snowmageddon

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Alabama here, nothing but rain and then it all froze and turned into black ice. No sand or salt or anything.

Stay safe. Hope you got enough bread and milk to survive snowmageddon 2016. I was in PA for '96 and in upstate NY for the ice storm of '98. Those were no joke. Even with people who know how to drive in winter weather. Bundle up and enjoy it.

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
I'm in southwest pa. We got maybe 2 inches here this morning. They were forecasting 8-12 inches of snow. It ended up raining most of yesterday.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I'm in southwest pa. We got maybe 2 inches here this morning. They were forecasting 8-12 inches of snow. It ended up raining most of yesterday.
We started with snow, got between 10 to 12 inches and which then turned to rain, next came the low teens and now single digit temperatures. It’s a mess I still need to shovel some more tomorrow and I’m pretty sure it’s going to require a pickax to finish the job

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
It's gonna drop into the low 20's but we have supplemental kerosene heat. Just have to get up at sunrise to make sure the birbs have un-frozen water.

As a yankee transplant I was shocked to find so few places sell kerosene down here. Fortunately the local FBO has Jet A, and there's truck stop that sells kerosene too.

I'd consider a wood stove but nobody ever has seasoned wood. What wood I cut locally goes into carpentry or gets buried. Carbon neutral... or something like that. :)

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
It's gonna drop into the low 20's but we have supplemental kerosene heat. Just have to get up at sunrise to make sure the birbs have un-frozen water.

As a yankee transplant I was shocked to find so few places sell kerosene down here. Fortunately the local FBO has Jet A, and there's truck stop that sells kerosene too.

I'd consider a wood stove but nobody ever has seasoned wood. What wood I cut locally goes into carpentry or gets buried. Carbon neutral... or something like that. :)
Its gotten colder where I am lately too. -12 yesterday morning. Not too much snow, but we got a good covering the other day that isn't looking like its gonna melt too soon.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
We are at about 3ft now and it is still slowly coming down here. Temps this morning were around 0F with a -19F windchill. I decided on Hawaii yesterday with a full day of Mahakea. Today I am feeling a bit sore from the shoveling and snoblowing so we will be dreaming of Vanuatu with some Nambawan which I find better for body relaxing.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
It's even chilly here in Sanibel today. A good afternoon for waka.

We are at about 3ft now and it is still slowly coming down here. Temps this morning were around 0F with a -19F windchill. I decided on Hawaii yesterday with a full day of Mahakea. Today I am feeling a bit sore from the shoveling and snoblowing so we will be dreaming of Vanuatu with some Nambawan which I find better for body relaxing.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
What state are you in?that’s a lot of shoveling!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Upstate new york mountains here, crazy snowstorm. I like it, I do a few shoveling jobs and find it pretty.

It was below 0*F for a few days before the storm began, with lows around -15*F and some snow, but when it started it was still 0 and snowing 2 inches an hour with wind, and it was a wet clumpy snow. We got at least a foot and now have 3 feet of snow.

While walking to the store, I came to the end of a path and took a brave step forward into a field of snow, and fell in. It took me a minute or two to get up, I was like a turtle flipped over, afraid of ever getting stuck in deeper snow or losing things from my pockets as I rolled around. Humbling. Today it's been -20 all day with wind, looking at temps tonight cold enough to do my "Boiling water thrown in the air" trick tomorrow morning!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
What state are you in?that’s a lot of shoveling!
Western NY (Rochester area). Luckily I have a kick-ass snowblower that I have had for ~20years and still runs great. So far I have had to shovel twice (the light stuff before the big storm) and then snowblowed 3 times just to stay ahead of it. Looks like it is going to slow down today. Still cold but at least the snow has stopped....for now!

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Western NY (Rochester area). Luckily I have a kick-ass snowblower that I have had for ~20years and still runs great. So far I have had to shovel twice (the light stuff before the big storm) and then snowblowed 3 times just to stay ahead of it. Looks like it is going to slow down today. Still cold but at least the snow has stopped....for now!
Same here in B-lo! The weekend was a winterwonderland! Fun, fun! Lots of kava drinking whilst snowblowing our driveway/walk and, like, 4 of our neighbors' as well! lol. Love it (and I drive to Fredonia for work, so, the weekend was perfect timing since I didn't have to work). ::frosty::