What's new

So sick today, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
So last night I drank a bunch of stone kava and now today I am throwing up and feel totally shitty, why would this happen?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Could be a few things. It might be a coincidence and you were gonna get sick anyway, you may have accidentally got some water in your kava bag recently and it started growing bacteria or something ...or you might just be having a bad reaction to drinking too much kava. However in my experience, any time I've ever had too much kava and threw up...by the next morning i feel fine (unlike alcohol). I can remember one experience a few years ago where I drank kava one night after not having any for a year or two...and the next day I felt like i had the stomach flu. I was never sure if the kava was to blame, but it hasn't happened again. A couple years later and I finished the same bag I used that night, without any problems.

infraredz

BULA!
Stone is one of the more pungent (if not the most) that I've ever had. It wasn't necessarily more nausea-inducing, but I would definitely put it up there in the top in my experience. Usually though, that only lasts about an hour at most, because it seems to be a local effect rather than a systemic effect like with alcohol where the nausea comes from alcohol's effect on the brain.

My guess is dehydration. It's not abnormal for me to wake up feeling generally ill if I didn't drink enough water the day and night before. The other possibility is that it's just a coincidence. I highly doubt it's due to any sort of pathogen from the kava. Try drinking a lot of water (which you would do if you had the flu anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.